Bogey | Vital Football

Bogey

alphabet_king

Vital 1st Team Regular
Who do we all think is our ultimate bogey team?

Always seem to struggle against Walsall. Any other stattos know any teams we've not beaten in years?

Ok, I give in, I'm childish enough to have found this one mildly amusing in context.

It seems we only win at Walsall when I go. In my Gills supprting lifetime that's circa 1978 and the last two seasons. Sorry I didn't go this year.

Can't think of a particular bogey team but I seem to remember we used to keep drawing at home to Tranmere when I was young.

In my lifetime I can't remember winning against Barcelona.

AFC Wimbledon have also been a problem 1 win in 9 games.

Millwall of recent years. I remember going about 10 years when we didn't lose to them. Now they always seem to beat us. It's nice to have bragging rights over them. Snot fair!

Yes, Barnsley away. Can't remember a win in over 50 years.

Re FA Cup, just noticed Burscough were knocked out in the first preliminary round this year, so that's a relief.

That Barnsley win was watched by literally a handful of Gills fans. The coach was cancelled due to lack of interest, ditto a minibus venture. John Leeds was not to be deterred and negotiated a price with a taxi driver on the station forecourt. There was a brief negotiation about how much each of us were prepared to pay and off we set. The taxi driver was a Glaswegian and was the only one able to understand directions in Barnsley.

This was an typical backs to the wall performance and our taxi driver was agitating for us to leave early as the locals became aggressive but we fans held out too and were rewarded with a late winner. We left the ground to a volley of abuse. John Leeds is long gone, I know one other of that taxi full is still a season ticket holder. It's an exclusive club.

" For most of the game Barnsley 'keeper Ironside was a spectator. His activities were confined mainly to fielding the ball as the Gillingham defence over-kicked the two man attack. "
Same old same old then.

Good story jogills. I regularly to traveled away on the John Leeds coach; always used to stop for fish and chips in New Cross on the way home.