BodyButter's Weird Thread About Stuff Nobody Else Is Interested In | Vital Football

BodyButter's Weird Thread About Stuff Nobody Else Is Interested In

BodyButter

Vital Football Legend
No point in saving this until after I've kicked the bucket.

I had a weird thought last night while I was brushing my teeth. The Judeo-Christian idea is that this world is some kind of testing ground for souls to see who goes to heaven and who goes to hell. The Buddhist idea is that we keep returning to this world until we are good enough to move on.

What if there are a hundred of these Earths, good ones and bad ones? Say we are on Earth 57 and if we are good, we go up to Earth 45 or 53 or if we do badly, we get relegated to Earth 62 or 84. Earth 1 would be the best one, something very similar to heaven where we are all very nice to each other etc and Earth 100 is Small Heath.

Assuming all that is true, which Earth are we on?

Last edited:

I had a weird though last night while I was brushing my teeth. The Judeo-Christian idea is that this world is some kind of testing ground for souls to see who goes to heaven and who goes to hell. The Buddhist idea is that we keep returning to this world until we are good enough to move on.

What if there are a hundred of these Earths, good ones and bad ones? Say we are on Earth 57 and if we are good, we go up to Earth 45 or 53 or if we do badly, we get relegated to Earth 62 or 84. Earth 1 would be the best one, something very similar to heaven where we are all very nice to each other etc and Earth 100 is Small Heath.

Buddhists in Myanmar better get ready for round 2 then

Did I tell you my theory that you should never put Pasta and Anti Pasta on the same shelf ?

I had a weird thought last night while I was brushing my teeth. The Judeo-Christian idea is that this world is some kind of testing ground for souls to see who goes to heaven and who goes to hell. The Buddhist idea is that we keep returning to this world until we are good enough to move on.

I like the Buddhist idea.

That way, I might just see the Villa win the FA Cup in one of my life times.........

Stopped reading when I got to the word relegated.

Can't be doing with another thread on this subject.

As you know, I like the spiritual ideas and some of the The Buddhist theories of karma, hence my amazing journey back and forth to Kuala Lumpur.

But on your premise. Hmmm, how bad are we on this earth? If you'd asked me during my childhood, I might well have rated us fairly high on the good scale.

Now? The way we are treating the planet. The over population, the wars, and so on.

Out of 100... Eath 70 maybe.

Me: I am mixed spiritual combination as I do not believe one faith has all the answers.

I have learnt over the years my Christians beliefs are of the old traditions of the desert fathers and the mystics before Henry the 8th came along with his reformation and upskittled everything

Yes Christian mysticism is a way of life which believes all entwines.

Non duality/buddhism and so on all carry the same type of message just in different language.

Yes I still believe in the message of Christ. I do not believe the Bible is to be taking literally. The Bible can only be understood by metaphor and was never meant to be taken literally. I have always thought like that though it has taken me a long time to voice it

The reformation bought in God (word) in man's image not God (as a verb not a noun) made man in God's image.

I never did believe literally. In the last 2 years since David passed I have been led in the direction of expansion of my spiritual life.

I listen to many various teachers of faith and secular.

So heaven and hell is on earth to me. Heaven is not a fire insurance policy for the next life which is how the main stream church has become since the reformation

I believe we live on and transform in the next life, whatever that is. Heaven and hell has man has made it does not exist in the main Christian terms, nor is it mentioned in the Bible. Revelations talk of it as being the rubbish tip outside of Jerusalem

We are not human beings looking for a spiritual experience.

We are spiritual beings having a human experience.

This is not by Teilhard de Chardin as many think

The actual writer is Wayne W. Dyer

You know the way The Sopranos was the best TV series ever and then The Wire just blew it away by reflecting our systemic flaws right back into our smug faces?

Louis CK is the best comedian ever, reflecting our human flaws right back into our complacent faces but doing it hilariously. We lost a lot when we lost Louis to #metoo.

Do you know Jocko Willink? He's a former Navy Seal who believes everyone should get up at 4:30am. He's extremely intense, as you'd expect from one of those guys. I was watching him in a Youtube video and thinking if he was in any other profession, he'd be considered a total nutter. Finding the right job is very important.

Hmmmmm....

As I read this thread I find myself bouncing between a few overall thoughts.

Interesting..
Yes that's a good question/point...
I agree/disagree...

And then are we witnessing BB having a breakdown.

giphy.webp