Bobbys book | Vital Football

Bobbys book

BlackBob

Vital Football Legend
As had the hard copy for a few year now but never got round to reading it right through.
just downloaded it from amazon as an audio book,feck me it's bob himself speaking all about his life.bloke has a warmth and friendly tone all the way through.

Have a signed copy from when I was lucky enough to meet the great man himself. As expected, he was fantastic, men like him made you love the game, not sure if there's any left like that these days. Plenty who make me hate the game, Robbie Savage etc.

Ive got the book but like Bob, haven't really read it properly but I concur.

Was reading some stuff the other week about Graham Taylor and the way in which people came across as patronising when he was called worse than muck when he was in his main jobs and the same happened with Bobby. He was treat like shit by the likes of Freddie Shepherd.

Funny that when these people die that the view suddenly gets changed.

Graham Taylor was a gentleman who believed that football clubs belonged to the community when i was a schoolboy he brought his Watford team to train at our school the day before they played Newcastle we were allowed to watch and at the end of the session he gave the kids some balls and Watford tops and talked to us about football can you see Mourinho or any of them doing that these days.