Blyth Spartans | Vital Football

Blyth Spartans

Old Poolie

Vital Squad Member
Will DC get a positive reaction from his squad tomorrow night after the last two poor performances?
With only two more friendlies before the start of the season proper there needs to be some organisation and passion coming through.

Yes, no doubt a better performance needed and no doubt Spartans will be keen to beat us. It will be very interesting. Given how close the start of the new season is, a more professional performance is a must. Anyway, we'll see.

Probably the strangest circumstances pre season ever for any team. Guess it was known that Johnson Armstrong would be on their way. Cass and Oates may have been unforeseen but not sure signing National league players will be the answer. Just hope DC can work his magic and sort this out but he will need financial backing for sure.

Another defeat, though at least Pools managed a goal albeit from the head of Featherstone!!!
Not looking promising for the new season unless Cullen comes good, once he gets fit!!

Well at least DC remained in the building. He is saying the latest defeat highlights the need for new players. I guess some of us had wondered about this.

I guess the implication of DCs statement regarding new players is that those with the club as "trialists" aren't the solution.
Whilst waiting to see what can be recruited "on loan" during August would seem, to me, to be a risky policy. Time will tell, but I fear that this season is going to be a long struggle.