Blur v Oasis | Vital Football

Blur v Oasis

The Fear

A Wise Man (once sat next to him)
Now, I'm not a massive one for one band is better than another press led stuff.

However, now one is all but finished (you never know with Blur, they might all of a sudden decide to do another, hope so, they have plenty to offer) and the other is finished....

Any preference? I like both, but for me, Blur over the long run.

Let me enlighten you!

First two albums = Oasis win

Leisure and Modern Life is Rubbish don't match up to the amazing debut of Definitely Maybe and the follow up, What's the story morning glory

Third album = well, almost a draw but Blur just edge it. I did really like the often slated Be Here Now... some truly great tunes on there, but Parklife was band changing for Blur and was an album that has stood the test of time.

Fourth album - Blur. Almost a no contest in my humble. The Great Escape was a really impressive follow up to an era defining album. Pulp never managed to follow their epic in my humble.

For me, from here, Blur just annihilate Oasis. Oasis still released some good stuff, some great stuff, but they didn't innovate or evolve, in fact, they started to 'status quo' it churning and way too many fillers on the albums whereas for me Blur did 'a Beatles' and tried different stuff, evolved, even introduced some world music to break out of the Brit Pop label.

Epic after epic, or at least very interesting after very interesting with some truly outstanding tunes.

Oasis struggled to keep up with the first two and sadly became a soap opera with more press about the boring feud between the brothers than the actual music.

Concert wise, not seen either live as their height was the height of my brain aches and by the time I could see them, they were in the massive concerts/parks territory which is too tiring for me.

However, the live dvds I have of both, Blur have a punk spirit, loads of movement and attitude. They win for me.

Music is incredibly personal thing, I wouldn't have liked to have not had both bands, however, Blur for me win out and I'd be delighted to see another Blur album, I'd be indifferent to an Oasis one.

:14:

I grew up in my teens being an Oasis fan i even got my mom queing outside Our Price records in Dudley whilst at work when Album Be Here Know was first released lol,

But as i got older i appreciated Blur a lot more tbh, but the truth be told Noel Gallagher is far better than Oasis and Blur put together he is an amazing artist, his new stuff is just brilliant,

[youtube=EdrW3KIR3Iw]

Blur annoyed me! Damon Alban has an average voice at best Liam Gallagher has prefect pitch. Noel Gallagher wrote the anthems for a generation. So I guess Oasis

Nice chat on facebook....

Simon Moon Ocean Colour Scene!
40 minutes ago via mobile · Like

Jonathan Fear LOL.. actually surprised they didn't become as big, first four albums especially are excellent.
39 minutes ago · Like

Simon Moon They just got on with it and werent controversial enough.
38 minutes ago via mobile · Like

Dan Harrison Am I allowed to say both?!
34 minutes ago · Like

Phil Warner It's Oasis, because it just is.

But it's also Oasis because non of their members makes cheese! You of all people should know that.
33 minutes ago via mobile · Like

Jonathan Fear well, yes but no but yes but no Mr H. Fence sitting loses you points!!!!
32 minutes ago · Like

Jonathan Fear LOL... actually an excellent point Phil. You not a Blur fan at all or just prefer the eye browed one and his thick bro more?!?!
32 minutes ago · Like

Phil Warner I actually do like Blur, I can't think of any of their tunes I don't like.

Non of them are a Live Forever though!
27 minutes ago via mobile · Like

Dan Harrison Pretty much all the bands from that era had at least one great song. Even the crap ones.
26 minutes ago · Like

Jonathan Fear a few are far better!
26 minutes ago · Like

Johnny Gee Think it'd be a 1-1 draw aet, Oasis to win on pens. Shed Seven?
17 minutes ago · Like

Jonathan Fear Decent band Mr Gee but not greats were they really!?
14 minutes ago · Like

Jonathan Fear Dan... including Blue?
14 minutes ago · Like

Spencer Waller I can't even believe you have asked that question
14 minutes ago via mobile · Like

Johnny Gee I know - always had a soft spot for em tho. Quality live gig everytime, and none of the BS.
13 minutes ago · Unlike · 1

Jonathan Fear Agreed Spencer, so clearly Blur! No, my position is Oasis started great and was the law of diminishing returns. Blur were more varied, more interesting, they developed and gave something new to think about. They also don't suffer from ignorant manc syndrome.
13 minutes ago · Like

Spencer Waller We all know Noel and Liam are a pair of morons. Noel needs a shake from his day dream and Liam just needs a slap but the music is amazing
10 minutes ago via mobile · Like

John Holder Beatles.
10 minutes ago via mobile · Like

Jonathan Fear Rolling Stones in that argument then Mr Holder! Prob my all time favourite, the Stones were sublime. Beatles another fabbo dabbo band though obviously! And another who started as one thing and developed. SO much more interesting than doing the same album with diminishing returns every time!
9 minutes ago · Like

Phil Warner I disagree on the diminishing statement as Dig Out Your Soul (the last one) is probably my 2nd favourite album.. And no deviating from the subject Johnny G, you'll be telling us all how good James are otherwise
7 minutes ago via mobile · Like

Jonathan Fear Oh sit down... ! lol They started to grate on me towards the end, few gems but very nasal. And just to win the argument Vital stylee I will add a FACT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
6 minutes ago · Like

Johnny Gee James are on another level again mate - didn't wanna get the big guns out too early!
6 minutes ago · Like

Johnny Gee And they're still going!
6 minutes ago · Like

John Holder Always liked stones and who but Beatles actually got the sixties rolling and the rest followed as they say.
5 minutes ago via mobile · Like

Jonathan Fear agreed Mr H... can't argue, started off as pop then bang, (drugs are good innit?!) and without them, none of the rest was possible. Obviously the Stones introduced a nice bluesy side to things and a bit of country and western (I adore faraway eyes! and the whole album in fact!)
2 minutes ago · Like

Blur have Masterplan that song is the best song ever imo

[youtube=QKHaOpBPtYw&list=PL47092A60B7C9C639&index=50]

Grew up loving both in my teens, but have to admit during the whole Blue vs Oasis, Country House vs Roll With It hype, I was in team Blur.

Probably say I was slightly more of a Blue fan all the way up until i saw Oasis live for the first time, at which point I was well and truely converted.

Still like Blur, but more likely to stick some Oasis on my iPod more often these days, but as said above it's all irrelevant because Noel Gallagher is a God, and Noel Gallagher is Oasis, so Oasis has to win.

Master Plan is one of the best songs ever, but he's still knocking out some cracking stuff on his own. These are 2 of my favorite Noel tracks ever!

[youtube=dpqQJfdLO14]

[youtube=oe72-qwSQNM]

Put either of those 2 tracks above, or Masterplan against anything Blur have ever done (and they've done some great stuff) and they win hands down every time!

I also don't get this Noel vs Liam stuff you get now they've split.

Why do you have to hate one just coz you like the other? I'm certainly a massive noel fan, but without Liam there was no Oasis. He was one of the best frontmen of a generation, and he had the swagger of a rock star. If people didn't dislike him and think he was a cock, he wasn't doing it properly.

Not keen on his new stuff, but still part of arguably the greatest band of the 90's and 00's

DeanoVilla - 27/3/2013 20:16

Grew up loving both in my teens, but have to admit during the whole Blue vs Oasis, Country House vs Roll With It hype, I was in team Blur.

Probably say I was slightly more of a Blue fan all the way up until i saw Oasis live for the first time, at which point I was well and truely converted.

Still like Blur, but more likely to stick some Oasis on my iPod more often these days, but as said above it's all irrelevant because Noel Gallagher is a God, and Noel Gallagher is Oasis, so Oasis has to win.

Master Plan is one of the best songs ever, but he's still knocking out some cracking stuff on his own. These are 2 of my favorite Noel tracks ever!

[youtube=dpqQJfdLO14]

[youtube=oe72-qwSQNM]

So there you have it. Deano is a Blue fan. :10: :10:

It is all there for everyone to see.

Which was your favourite in Blue mate and are you going to their reunion concert?

:2:

No contest for me, Oasis, truly unbelievable the tunes they churned out.

I can admire Blur and think they're good but for me Oasis just have it, but of course it is my own opinion :17:

Blur is for girls, pretentious student twats. The only thing remotely interesting about Blur was Coxon's guitar playing but even he got fed up of the other pretentious student twats, and the ginger minger, and fooked off to paint or something. One became a lawyer, one a cheese maker and the other numpty a fookin cartoon character, nuff said.

Even Noels coke songs are better than most things Blur, Song2, Girlsandboys and maybe End of the Century apart. Oasis made us all gods and we were having it LARGE. Country fookin House, pure shite, like most of their product, utter pop shite pap. No bollocks at all.

No contest.

Blur hahahahahaha, like asking Barcelona or Luton?

The Fear - 27/3/2013 21:11

It is all there for everyone to see.

Which was your favourite in Blue mate and are you going to their reunion concert?

:2:

hahaha fcukers the lot of you.

Oh and Duncan was my favourite by the way. lol