Bloody Fleetwood tickets | Page 2 | Vital Football

Bloody Fleetwood tickets

Indeed, as per Martinez welcome back kdz. I for one have missed your views. A pity it isn't for more different observations rather than this mornings farce. I hope you get sorted for tickets.

Demand was always going to exceed supply, probably threefold. However it is no excuse for the lack of consideration in deciding a fair allocation system, through to the incorrect ticket information being given, to the sneaking out of the change in time of sales opening, to the online system once again having a meltdown leaving buyers unaware if they've succeeded or not. However there maybe some solace to be found in the clubs apology for these catalogue of mistakes, or to be frank ineptitude - though I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for it.

I was unfortunately in a meeting from 8.30am until after 10 and by the time i could get online they'd all sold out.

For anyone in a similar position trying to work out if there is an alternative way to get in, I rang up the ticket offices of both clubs there will be no returns, no resales and no extra tickets released. Fleetwood don't have any hospitality options open to any away fans and they don't appear to be selling tickets to the game online to first time buyers (it appears you need to be on their database like we sometimes do) they have a membership scheme which is £20 for the year but they wont accept new members now. In person apparently you need a local postcode as they are obviously expecting on people turning up so if you have tickets now that's the only way you're going to get them by the looks of it.

Absolutely gutted as i've been to nearly every other away game this season. I really wish for these high demand low supply games the club would try and do some kind of loyalty system.

If anyone ends up with 1 or 2 spares they want to sell closer to the time I'd be very grateful if someone would give me a DM. Thanks
It is imperative that loyal fans like you are offered tickets in the future prior to it going to a lottery. Are home end tickets easy to get hold of at Highbury if you know somebody in the Wyre/Fylde area?

Thanks for the nice welcomes back, I've kept an eye on the boards over the months even though I wasn't posting.

If you know someone who has a Fleetwood local postcode and they'd be kind enough to go down to the ticket office to buy the ticket for you then I think you have a decent shout of being sold a ticket from what i've managed to find out. But they are under strict police instruction to not sell to anyone outisde of the local area due to the likelyhood of them being Latics fans. So even if you are local there is a chance without previous ticket purchases you may get turned away.

I've read loads of horror stories of people quewing up at the ground and not getting tickets, people on the phones and online having major issues. So it seems like it's not just a supply shortage issue but the system can't cope with the demand at all.

I think the club really need to look into this as it's not the first time we've had issues with our ticketing system.

Demand was always going to be massive for this as there was/is a distinct possibility a win - subject to results in between obviously - clinching promotion. Anyone know if there is any possibility of a beam back? Not quite the same as being there granted, but better than missing out altogether.

At this point a beamback seems like a good idea as the last thing the either Fleetwood or Wigan will want is lots of tickless Latics fans travelling trying to get in the home end. Also it's not as is Fleetwood can lose any money on away ticket sales.

So fingers crossed the club can make that happen as it's certainly better than nothing for all those who didn't have any luck with tickets.

Instead of all the skriking and moaning about the online or phone system why dont people get their backsides out of bed early get down to the ticket office like i did?
I got a ticket today no problem at all, if you cant make it for whatever reason send someone who can. No sympathy here.

it's a service they offer, so it should work reasonably well. some people have jobs or live outside of town. and it's 2018.

that said it should be less of an issue in the Championship.

Instead of all the skriking and moaning about the online or phone system why dont people get their backsides out of bed early get down to the ticket office like i did?
I got a ticket today no problem at all, if you cant make it for whatever reason send someone who can. No sympathy here.

Some people did just that and didn't get tickets apparently. I've seen a few on social media who were in the queue and were told that tickets had sold out before they got to the front. I would like to have thought that the people in the queue at the ticket office would've been given priority. But that didn't appear to be the case.

If the club said that there was no phone system or online sales and it was only queue up then fair enough - everyone knows what they have to do and I'd have taken the time off work if that was the only way. But if the club say that there will be online and phone sales with most people working 9-5, i imagine most would be more likely going to use the phone / internet rather than booking time off.

It's not unreasonable to think if the club offer online and phone sales for high demand games that they need to ensure the system can cope or at least try and work around the systems limitations rather than having many people complaining they couldn't get the site to work or that they got kicked off the premium phone lines after waiting for ages.

it's a service they offer, so it should work reasonably well. some people have jobs or live outside of town. and it's 2018.

that said it should be less of an issue in the Championship.

It does work reasonably well but too many local people rely on it instead of getting down to the ticket office, lazy sods that cant be bothered to queue up for half an hour then moan on here when they miss out.
If you make the effort you get a ticket.

Most likely because unlike yourself we have jobs, families, or just don't live live local to start waiting in a line in the middle of the night like something akin to the soviets during the Cold War queuing for milk and bread. Still if Corbyn has his way it may just become the norm. There are these wonderful modern inventions called a mobile phone and the internet which mean people can purchase things from anywhere across the globe without being there in person. It seems this phenomenon has escaped many that follow the club.

Sadly despite the same problems occurring time and time again whenever a game is in demand no improvements are made to the end system and lack of innovative thinking regarding a fair allocation system it is creating a lot angst and disillusionment with the club. Hopefully the new owners can get a grip of this problem early doors as it seems to be beyond the current crop.

Most likely because unlike yourself we have jobs, families, or just don't live live local to start waiting in a line in the middle of the night like something akin to the soviets during the Cold War queuing for milk and bread. Still if Corbyn has his way it may just become the norm. There are these wonderful modern inventions called a mobile phone and the internet which mean people can purchase things from anywhere across the globe without being there in person. It seems this phenomenon has escaped many that follow the club.

Sadly despite the same problems occurring time and time again whenever a game is in demand no improvements are made to the end system and lack of innovative thinking regarding a fair allocation system it is creating a lot angst and disillusionment with the club. Hopefully the new owners can get a grip of this problem early doors as it seems to be beyond the current crop.

How many times have you heard over the years about the shambles of buying tickets online or over the phone? Yet people still try then moan about it.
If people can sit at a computer or on a phone for an hour or so then its obvious they have nothing better to do working or not, and yes i do have a job and still got sorted if i couldnt make it for whatever reason i would have asked someone that could to get me sorted.
Simple really

My main gripe is that they publicised the release time as being 10am and then changed it the evening before to 9am. I had everything planned/scheduled to get tickets at 10am - a nice little reminder set on my outlook so I wouldnt forget/miss. Too short notice in my opinion. We arent all glued to social media 24/7.

Anyway heres hoping to a Shrewsbury win tomorrow win which will go some way in ensuring the Fleetwood game aint the promotion party.

However please note the offer of double price for 2 tickets still remains - come on pm me - someone must be desperate for the extra bit of wad surely? (yep, slight smack of desperation - if it helps to come up with some real hard luck story let me know - am sure can come up with something)

How many times have you heard over the years about the shambles of buying tickets online or over the phone? Yet people still try then moan about it.
If people can sit at a computer or on a phone for an hour or so then its obvious they have nothing better to do working or not, and yes i do have a job and still got sorted if i couldnt make it for whatever reason i would have asked someone that could to get me sorted.
Simple really

Mmmmmm, mood blue - well done you on getting a ticket and the advice on how to get a ticket by getting their ar$e down to the stadium - insightful advice at it's best or perhaps maybe even a wind up!!! As some have said on here even those who did get down to the stadium didn't manage to get a ticket.
As i said good on you getting a ticket but don't rub it in ffs with the 'stop moaning / nothing better to do'. We can't all be as insightful as your goodself!!!!!

Simple really

I imagine most people would like to think the club would've addressed past issues and sorted it out quietely behind the scenes to avoid further issues. And like Made In Wigan says many people can't get down to the ground or get someone to go for them and have to rely on phones and online so they had to hope that was the case.

The Fyled FA cup ballot wasn't perfect but appeared to be a sign that the club was finally accepting that it needed to do something to address high demand limited ticket allocation games. But unfortunately they didn't appear to put any thought into the Fleetwood game.

Hows this.....went to the game last night and immediately after the match went to check my phone to make sure there hadnt been any changes to the publicised release of tickets for the Fleetwood game this morning when suddenly - out of nowhere - a pesky seagull swooped down and grabbed my phone. Immediately I recalled the catapult that my late granddad has bestowed on me and who had promised me would come to my aid one day and who had made me swear to carry it always until that moment in an orifice that no one else would find and which had caused me excruciating pain every since. Reaching for the desired location I stumbled but quickly recovered to snatch it just in time - or so I thought - the catapult band got caught sharply on one of my protruding piles and recoiled swiftly back from whence it came. The seagull turned mid flight, hovered, stuck two fingers up at me (yes it had fingers) and then shat on me from a great height. Not to be outdone - I picked myself up - and legged it to my car, knowing that once home a quick perusal on my laptop or ipad and Id be ok - the seagull could have my damn phone - I didnt need it. But no - where was the car? I couldnt remember, but that wasnt surprising considering I had suffered from amnesia several years ago. Suddenly I remembered - I hadnt driven but had in fact come on a coach where I was the driver of a group of poverty stricken young latics fans that I had anonymously taken under my wing (my wing not the seagulls). Their faces were a joy to behold when they realised I hadnt forsaken them, especially little Jonnys' who had grown up in an orphanage having rightly run away from his Notlob loving parents (right scum they were). The journey back home went more or less unscathed, except for the punctured tyre, the re-route through moss side (sorry Id lost my phone so couldnt use google maps), and poor Jonny having a bad case of diarrhoea which is no fun believe you and me when it flew across the windscreen smearing all and sundry How I missed the mini containing those 4 nuns Ill never know. By the time I dropped all of the kids safely back home, tucked them all safely in to bed, and read them all bed time stories that consisted of Latics winning the Champions League with each one of them scoring the winning goal, it had well gone mid-night. Finally - I turned in to my street - home at last! No, sorry, it wasnt my street - damn amnesia again. 2 hours later - 3am - I turned in to my street. Ken the local milkman was leaving at this time without having left any milk - also found it strange that the missus was still up. Anyway not to bother, latop - ipad - quick! But no - both were in the middle of important updates. Updates my arse! How bloody long these things took Ive no idea, as - exhausted - due possibly to my previous 72 hour non stop shift as a voluntary aid worker assisting with the devastating earthquake that hit Peru from which I only just made back in time for the Dale game - I collapsed hitting my head on the small coffee table, which broke my nose, my wrist, and my ankle, and anything else you care to imagine. While I was asleep a seagull flew past the window. I awoke at 9:55 - as the alarm I had pre-set the day before (while in Peru) to remind me to get the Fleetwood tickets went off - thank God for that! Heres hoping that for some strange reason the club didnt decide to re-schedule their release as Im sure no one would believe that the reason I wasnt able to check was because of some damn seagull.

Tips to get the coveted tickets
1. Invest in hospitality membership - worth the extra £ if you can afford it.
2. Have at least 4 tics friends/mates who each are :
a) on social media following WAFC eg Facebook, Twitter for up to date news
b) can go online at the specified time
c) have at least 2 separate telephones lines to make calls
d) able to camp out at the ticket office hours before the sale time
ps all the above glimpsed from those who couldn’t get tickets to Blackpool and Fleetwood.