Bloody Cardiff! | Page 4 | Vital Football

Bloody Cardiff!

Good stuff, Sir Keefy! The Welsh are great, and sure know how to party.

With regard to the whooshing, yes, please stop. One nibbles is quite enough for this board!

Mate. If you followed the thread it’s not even really whooshing.

We had a long thread going that was being ever more funny and absurd about Gills progressing through the cup to the final and into Europe. Well OTT.

I say “if we can’t beat Barca then Lovell Out”. Pretty funny I thought.

Lancs (I think) then chimes in with a funny kind of comment alluding to the other ‘racist’ threads saying “ but there’s no racism in your comment! Snigger, snigger.

I reply “well MAYBE I’m racist against the Welsh and wouldn’t want Lovell out if he was English”.

Now, you may not believe this, but I wasn’t actually being truthful about hating the Welsh. I was having a larf. Well I thought so. And I’m from Welsh linage waaay back (apparently).

And that’s where the fun started. Follow from the start and it’s not whooshing, it’s not sarcasm, it’s not racism, it’s people trying to follow a funny and absurd line of thought and seeing where it goes.

It just needs a little bit of reading, a little bit of thought, and the finger off the trigger.

Ah f*** it, I’m off to bed now. Night all.

And see, LSB2 has just had a nice little joke there. Please don’t think that he thinks you are racist against nibblies (if that’s a plural of nibbles).

Used to work in Caerphilly and I think there will be thousands of the buggars coming to the game.... but like when Glamorgan won the league years ago at Canterbury ....

Mind you I always find the Welsh ladies scarier than the men...

We had a long thread going that was being ever more funny and absurd about Gills progressing through the cup to the final and into Europe. Well OTT.

I say “if we can’t beat Barca then Lovell Out”. Pretty funny I thought.

Lancs (I think) then chimes in with a funny kind of comment alluding to the other ‘racist’ threads saying “ but there’s no racism in your comment! Snigger, snigger.

I reply “well MAYBE I’m racist against the Welsh and wouldn’t want Lovell out if he was English”.

Now, you may not believe this, but I wasn’t actually being truthful about hating the Welsh. I was having a larf. Well I thought so. And I’m from Welsh linage waaay back (apparently).

And that’s where the fun started. Follow from the start and it’s not whooshing, it’s not sarcasm, it’s not racism, it’s people trying to follow a funny and absurd line of thought and seeing where it goes.

It just needs a little bit of reading, a little bit of thought, and the finger off the trigger.

Ah f*** it, I’m off to bed now. Night all.

I didn't think you really hated the Welsh. I figured it was a joke. I was just playing my part in the absurdism.

I think we may have misunderstood each other.

Oi ! There was no snigger snigger. Woosh. And you still haven`t said who knighted you. I guess it was the Prince of Wales....

If we'd drawn Cardiff reserves in the Checkatrade Trophy the crowd would be sub-1000. We draw what will essentially be Cardiff reserves in the FA Cup and the crowd will be at least 5000. Odd.
Don't think it's so odd really, it will be a proper game against a proper club and as such much more appealing to the paying punter than a match against a youth team shoehorned into an already devalued competition that didnt want or need them, cardiff can pick as strong or weak line up as they want against us without breaking the rules exactly as we could've vs slough or else what is the point of having a whole squad of players

Herrljunga, I'm pretty sure it won't be Cardiff reserves, it will probably be 6 or 7 first teamers at least with a few fringe players. I don't think Cardiff will win the premier league, so Warnock will be thinking that the FA Cup represents a good chance of winning something, plus he won't want to risk losing to his old enemy from back in the day!

I don't think Cardiff will win the premier league, so Warnock will be thinking that the FA Cup represents a good chance of winning something, plus he won't want to risk losing to his old enemy from back in the day!

They may have no chance of winning the league but are in a relegation dogfight. Warnock will therefore heavily prioritise the league and do what will give Cardiff the best preparation for those games - he certainly won’t give a stuff about any past rivalry with us. It’s deluded to think otherwise.

Herrljunga, I'm pretty sure it won't be Cardiff reserves, it will probably be 6 or 7 first teamers at least with a few fringe players. I don't think Cardiff will win the premier league, so Warnock will be thinking that the FA Cup represents a good chance of winning something, plus he won't want to risk losing to his old enemy from back in the day!

Davey, Cardiff City have a Premiership squad, around thirty odd "first teamers". They can afford to rest the starting eleven from the game before us and still field a very strong Premiership standard team. The League will be their priority but Warnock will still want, very much, to get past the third round.

They can afford to rest the starting eleven from the game before us and still field a very strong Premiership standard team.

Not sure they have that much quality in depth but they could certainly rest the first XI and have a Championship quality side at least.

Both Pulis and our friend Colin went on to have very good managerial careers- managing teams in the premier league. Bar Eddie Howe I struggle to think of anyone who has worked their way up from a bottom division club to the top.

Not sure they have that much quality in depth but they could certainly rest the first XI and have a Championship quality side at least.

We shall see. I don`t suppose Cardiff City has eleven Premiership standard players and nineteen Championship standard players in their squad. Not to mention the many Premiership-standard "loanees" they have or will have throughout the season. I haven`t done a count-up of their roster so I may be wrong. Either way, Gills have a mountain to climb when they play Cardiff. I shall, however, be at the replay.

Both Pulis and our friend Colin went on to have very good managerial careers- managing teams in the premier league. Bar Eddie Howe I struggle to think of anyone who has worked their way up from a bottom division club to the top.

Ince went from Macclesfield to MK Dons to Blackburn in the prem (where he was a disastrous failure).

Ian Holloway won the 4th division championship as QPR manager before taking Blackpool into the prem.

Interesting to see what the crowd will be. They aren't a big name but they are a premier league club (albeit in name only in my view). I don't think it will sell out but it will be a good indicator as to whether we can still draw a crowd to the bigger games. I suspect Pompey on Boxing day might be a bigger gate though.