Bloody Cardiff! | Page 2 | Vital Football

Bloody Cardiff!

They hold no fear for us in the FA Cup - we did them 2-1 in 84/5 - great late goal by John Lesley, then stuffed them 2-0 on their own deck in 96/7 which was live on Sky Saturday evening game.

I remember that game well. I am the bloke in the front wearing a hat. In keeping with our ***** tradition - even back in those days, the young child that lead out the team was eaten shortly afterwards.

That kid would be 100 years old now. The Gills captain is the legendary Jock Robertson, and the player holding the baby is Wally Battiste, who lived with my great-grandparents as a lodger while he was with us.

The Cardiff players are all famous anyway, as they won the cup a couple of years later.

Gills 58, who's Colin? It'll be nice to give Warnock a bit of stick like we used to. I think it's a winnable game.

That kid would be 100 years old now. The Gills captain is the legendary Jock Robertson, and the player holding the baby is Wally Battiste, who lived with my great-grandparents as a lodger while he was with us.

The Cardiff players are all famous anyway, as they won the cup a couple of years later.
Great clip and story AB.

Chelski will be on as Cup winners. Manure have to be on no matter how uninteresting and predictable the match - f#ck them. The Blackpool/? tie. Unlikely to be us. Near miss I suspect. Maybe on in Wales.

Weren't we on tv against them years ago when we were above them in the league?

I was hoping for an away tie to a big stadium I hadn't been to before. Cardiff away would have been better as I have been to ninian park but not their new one.
Cardiff away at Ninian was one of my most unpleasant awaydays so glad we've got them at home. As mentioned our favourite manager returns. We all give him stick but would have him at Priestfield in an instance (no offence SL!)

I remember that game well. I am the bloke in the front wearing a hat. In keeping with our ***** tradition - even back in those days, the young child that lead out the team was eaten shortly afterwards.

Didn't know Charlie Chaplin was a Gills fan.

Don’t think united will be on. Not v reading at home.
Perhaps not but they've shown pointless shit Manure games for years. Didn't they show something like 48 consecutive matches of theirs in a row at one point. Hopefully now they are so boring under that twat Mourinho they won't bother for once. Their millions of plastic followers abroad may require it though.

Nobody's mentioned Mr Lovell's cameo role on the televised draw.

He seemed quite happy with the draw, especially that it's a Welsh club. He couldn't help but mention Swansea though! Oh how I love him.

Think that’s a whoosh, Shirley?

Biggest whoosh I think I’ve seen. On Bromley too, go figure.

Anyway, once Watford are dealt with, which of the big boys do we fancy in R6? Man U definitely beatable under Mourinho. Imagine having a 100% win record v them for the next few seasons till we are in the Prem ?