BLATTER RESIGNS!! | Vital Football

BLATTER RESIGNS!!

spurdon

Vital Football Legend
He is on stage at a conference and appears to have walked away as a letter from the South African FA regarding a 10million euro bribe has brought the scandal right to his desk!! Twitter is in melt down it looks like the pressure has finally told and the FBI investigation has indeed started an irrevesable process. NEXT STOP JAIL LOL. They have to now look at the two WC to come and be forced into an open and transparent process for all further elections and awards of tournaments. :126: :126: :126: :126: :126: :137: :137: :137: :143: :143: :143: :143: :143: :115: :115: :115: :115: :115:

There is blood in water CanadianSpur they must know that something big and nasty is coming. Further revelations coming I suspect and they will all turn on each other like rats in a sack. Starting with Warner.

Absolutely. You couldn't expect the rats to stand together. They'll be lining up to cut the best deal the can for themselves by implicating others. The knives are out.

I've got feeling Valcke turned on Blatter once he got cought in the net.

Fantastic.

And he/they/everyone is now agreeing that FIFA needs a complete structural reform.

My bet is the sponsors have done for him/them.

A long long overdue action.

Now all we have to do is nail all the crooks and find the fixers behind the world cup voting...

Russia and Putin must be pig sick.

Spursex - 2/6/2015 18:01

This is small fry in comparison to the heat they are getting from Ukraine.

They will just wheel out the go to excuse that western europe/north america is just trying to spread it's sphere of influence.

Though i would definitely love to see them lose the 2018. Maybe get to see some original material from their versions of comical Ali.

zzz - 2/6/2015 18:13

They will just wheel out the go to excuse that western europe/north america is just trying to spread it's sphere of influence.

Though i would definitely love to see them lose the 2018. Maybe get to see some original material from their versions of comical Ali.

It depends on what happens next; if their hosting of the next World cup is undermined and they become a pariah sporting state it would do more to undermine Putin's approval ratings than a 'patriotic war' being waged on the Ukraine - which was forced upon them by the EU (as that's how it's billed in Russia).

Losing the World Cup and the prestige that goes with it would be a public opinion killer blow - most especially if it could be shown it was brought about by way of pecuniary misbehaviour and skullduggery. The average Russian is more sick that sort of behaviour than killing people in a nationalist war...!

If he's expecting this to shield him from eventual corruption charges, I hope he gets a nasty shock.

One step at a time. There is a massive power vacuum at FIFA and it needs to be filled and reorganized before decisions get reviewed let alone reversed.

Also, now let's rip the world cup out of those cold, slave-driving Qatari hands and give the tournament to a country that deserves it (No, I don't mean England).

Elections to be held after new process implemented. Sometime between December and March.

There own't be enough time for a new country to prepare to take over from Russia. And I highly doubt they will award it to the US or the UK.

I just read that FIFA royally pissed off Bill Clinton and he set the FBI on them.

Spursex - 2/6/2015 18:19

zzz - 2/6/2015 18:13

It depends on what happens next; but if their hosting of the next World cup is undermined and they become a pariah sporting state it would do more to undermine Putin's approval ratings than a 'patriotic war' being waged on the Ukraine - which was forced upon them by the EU (as that's how it's billed in Russia).

Losing the World Cup and the prestige that goes with it would be a public opinion killer blow - most especially if it could be shown it was brought about by way of pecuniary misbehaviour and skullduggery. The average Russian is more sick that sort of behaviour than killing people in a nationalist war...!

Totally agree about the public image going.

There are a lot of the families of service men who have died which have been up in arms about what has happened.

The russians in this case have gone by the "beatings will continue till moral improves" mantra to get around it. As well as making all service personnel's death a state secret.

Only problem is that their is a cultural precedent in the country of projecting their problems onto the west and then solidifying nationally around it, so unless the finger can be squarely pointed at Putin, it will just be more ammunition for him.

Though to be fare i don't have first hand experience with a lot of russians. Just see the trends happen time and again from isolated nations.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

Though to be fare a number of nations use this to a less or greater extent.

Valcke has trailed the dog poo right to the door of Blatter. This is about the letter storms coming wait and see.

80deg16minW - 2/6/2015 18:34

Elections to be held after new process implemented. Sometime between December and March.

There own't be enough time for a new country to prepare to take over from Russia. And I highly doubt they will award it to the US or the UK.

I just read that FIFA royally pissed off Bill Clinton and he set the FBI on them.

I believe the US is a forever back up for both the world cup and the Olympics due to the fact that they can host each event with very little effort (infastructure is already in place). I think it also applies to us and a few other European nations.

So if the Russians got dropped there is a horde of nations that could take over at a moments notice. Also there is also precedent with Columbia dropping out with only 3 years notice.

Yeah the Bill Clinton thing is true, when he heard of the result he apparently went ape shit and repeatedly smashed a mirror.

ahx00 - 2/6/2015 18:21

Also, now let's rip the world cup out of those cold, slave-driving Qatari hands and give the tournament to a country that deserves it (No, I don't mean England).

England and the English media investigations won't be forgiven or forgotten for their persistence by a lot of the countries and confederations, and even less so the USA for taking the investigations that much further - so that's USA and England ruled out!

If they take it from Russia it would have to be Germany.....or China to neutralize any protest.

Spursex - 2/6/2015 18:40

ahx00 - 2/6/2015 18:21

England and the English media investigations won't be forgiven or forgotten for their persistence by a lot of the countries and confederations, and even less so the USA for taking the investigations that much further - so that's USA and England ruled out!

We were the two top choices by the independent body that reviewed all nations who bidded for the cups.

In a new world of honesty and openness, it would look slightly suspect if those two nations, best able to deliver a great world cup experience, were ommitted from consideration.

Also aren't we both back up nations, if an awarded party can't deliver?