Blades Away - Bump! | Vital Football

Blades Away - Bump!

RebelBee

Vital 1st Team Regular
A tough game that I wish we'd had in a few weeks time, despite some (over) optimism & plenty of genuine positivity we came up short. Wasn't there so won't comment on the game, have to say I was surprised by the starting 11. No yennaris & no Barbet, seems unfair & a mistake to me. Throw in our customary gifted goal & a ridiculous Vibe miss & that's the game gone. Not the end of the world but food for thought, for me sorting Harlee out a new deal is critical & he must come back in on Sat. Colin & Nico too. Get points on the board & build from there. A decent result at Dons tomorrow would help too. Oh & close the bloody window too ??

So many think we deserved a draw. Maybe, just.

Looking at MOM the Jota hype is working. He was not all that on Saturday. Average. Anyone watching for first time would have wondered what hype was about save a couple of bursts like the shot that gave us two golden opportunities, one spurned by a striker scared of the goalie coming at him.

Don't like the new shirts, horrid. Don't like the new badge. Horrid and just another modern day football like all the others thing.

Bentley's distribution was awful to moderate. Rico looked lightweight the amount of times he was knocked off the ball, first touch put us in trouble a few times, although much of that would be down to the service he got from Bentley.

Mid field huffed and puffed but didn't create much, most of what was created was snatched (Jota scuffing a shot wide, Vibe's shot saved etc) Some of the passing was well off at times even though we showed some of the style that earned us one of the best footballing sides tag, it wasn't often enough and we struggled against a really well organised side who knew how to worry us.

New guys looked good, but still can't understand Bjellend being picked in front of Barbet.

Am confident about this season so let's hope we've got one of our bad performances out of the way already.