Blackpool | Page 5 | Vital Football

Blackpool

Decent performance. Can't complain about the end of the second half, but how many do we need to score first before we can see a game out?
Taking into account the times if their goals, sounds like a case if switching off rather than fitness as I'd originally guessed. Especially as we sound to have been pressing towards the end of the match.
That can, at least, be knocked out of them, a lack of fitness or ability and I'd be more worried

Taking into account the times if their goals, sounds like a case if switching off rather than fitness as I'd originally guessed. Especially as we sound to have been pressing towards the end of the match.
That can, at least, be knocked out of them, a lack of fitness or ability and I'd be more worried
Hopefully , Steve Evans bellowing at them from the touchline , will encourage them to remain switched on

I don't know whether it's mental or it's physical, but they've done it in every single game this season, which is four in a row and suggests a pattern. Today was a big improvement because they got a second wind, but when exactly the same thing happens in successive matches, there's something wrong with the system.

I'm buggered if I know what the problem is, but the people in charge are paid good money to work it out, and I hope that they will. There were good signs to see today, but we still ended up with only a point when we should have had three.

I don't know whether it's mental or it's physical, but they've done it in every single game this season, which is four in a row and suggests a pattern. Today was a big improvement because they got a second wind, but when exactly the same thing happens in successive matches, there's something wrong with the system.

I'm buggered if I know what the problem is, but the people in charge are paid good money to work it out, and I hope that they will. There were good signs to see today, but we still ended up with only a point when we should have had three.
Or equally we could have zero points from the game.

Huge improvement from the Burton game. Still think we need a striker in, Jakubiak looks good but could do with a partner. Hanlan works his bollocks off but I'm not convinced by him, be interesting to see Mandron play more.

Best home game for ages. Blackpool looked bang average due to the intensity of our play. 2-0 was well deserved but it sparked Blackpool into life and again we conceded the lead by half time.
So big second half and it become clear that Blackpool were indeed a quality side but we gave as good as we got. In fact we finished the game with the same intensity that we started and had chances to nick it.
The crowd all on their feet to applaud the team off at the final whistle tells everything. The general buzz was that we are looking ok for 3 games in and if SE can tweak a couple of positions then we may even start enjoying home games on a regular basis.

If they're going to have a statue of Barry Fuller in the High Street (which is political correctness gone mad, obviously), they ought to convert the whole of Gillingham High Steet into something like the Charles Bridge in Prague, covered in local heroes.

We could have giant facsimiles of Barry, Tom Eaves; Kedwell, the whole lot of them going back to Cas and Steve Bruce and then god knows what, Ernie Morgan, Jock Robertson or Freddie Fox.

For that matter, they could improve the entire High Street by filling it with statues of everyone who's ever turned out for the club. It'd be a boon for the town. Who wouldn't want come to Gillingham and have a look at a giant brass Ian Docker?

Up until their first goal went in it wasn’t just about our good play. Blackpool’s attack’s broke down time and time again. Misplaced passes, a couple of offsides and general sloppy play. Before half time they got it right twice. You can criticise defenders but you can’t in one breath say our first goal was well worked and not acknowledge they did the same to us for their first. Their second was perhaps a bit more avoidable but once the cross came in we were struggling. With all the momentum with Blackpool it was especially impressive how we wrestled the initiative back off them. We moaned after the Burton game but they have won 4:2 tonight at Oxford, one of this season’s fancied sides.

If they're going to have a statue of Barry Fuller in the High Street (which is political correctness gone mad, obviously), they ought to convert the whole of Gillingham High Steet into something like the Charles Bridge in Prague, covered in local heroes.

We could have giant facsimiles of Barry, Tom Eaves; Kedwell, the whole lot of them going back to Cas and Steve Bruce and then god knows what, Ernie Morgan, Jock Robertson or Freddie Fox.

For that matter, they could improve the entire High Street by filling it with statues of everyone who's ever turned out for the club. It'd be a boon for the town. Who wouldn't want come to Gillingham and have a look at a giant brass Ian Docker?

You forgot Brian Yeo . .

We moaned after the Burton game but they have won 4:2 tonight at Oxford, one of this season’s fancied sides.

I was going to mention that result. Burton winning 4-2 away at Oxford who seem to have really improved their side is a great result and gives a bit more perspective to our result v them.

Great to hear that we actually played well tonight and fans enjoyed the game. Would be great if that can now be coupled with a few wins and a move up the table.

Another good result today - Coventry coming back from 3-1 down at Pompey with 9 men. Wow.

Although I know it is easy to get a result there...

I think that the team is now starting to gel. It's virtually a new side from last season, so it's always going to take a while. Friendlys don't really do it, you need match situations