Blackpool v Lincoln City Match Thread | Page 14 | Vital Football

Blackpool v Lincoln City Match Thread

Not that much to choose between the top side and the side 4th from bottom. Looking at the table I very much doubt that any team in the bottom 4 at present will be there at the end of the season.

I must admit I am concerned that NC has bitten off more than he could chew. We're a proud club with big expectations and maybe he should have cut his managerial teeth on something a little less demanding. Sorry to be negative and I do solemnly hope that it turns around.

He’s won 1 game so far and we had fans in the ground for it. David Dunn won more than him with an inferior squad. I’d take 10th now.

Been out in the boozer with Lincoln fans tonight. Very interesting views on today's game. Will post tomorrow their thoughts.
'A good game between two sides trying to play good football'

'Both sides looked really good going forward, less so defensively'

'Blackpool looked a really good team. Think it'll probably click for you and you'll finish higher than us'

'You've brought a lot of lads in who did well in L2. Always going to take them time to get used to L1'

'CJ Hamilton is a brilliant player'

'You did not deserve to lose that game'

Couple of things from me on yesterday's performance.

Set pieces:
The number of goals we have conceded from corners is a real worry to me. We need to employ a defensive coach who looks at these things and gets us set up right.
Our delivery is shocking, whether it's corners or free kicks. It's going to hit the wall or not clear the first man. Again get working on these.

Captaincy:
Whilst I have no doubt the ex Knobber may be a good pro etc. for me he can't motivate or influence the team whilst he is 50yds from the majority of the play. I'd rather we had a captain as an out field player. Looking at then options who started yesterday, Husband aside as we know he is good for 3 reds a season I'd have given it to Ward.

Experience:
We are a young team, I'd like our next signing to be an old head, particularly at centre half. Who, or where we get him from I have no idea but we need an organiser. Our next signing is crucial.

Team Selection Tactics:
I don't particularly want us to change the starting formation, but we have to adapt to how a game is going. I thought Yates was desperately unlucky yesterday, but to sub him and bring Sarkic on as a CF was surprising to say the least. For me if he wasn't injured I would have taken Ward off as he had a very quiet game yesterday and brought Madine on, going 4-4-2.

Overall I'm not too disheartened, just the result being galling. 2 crazy penalties to give away, and what the hell was Marv thinking in giving away that corner???

I'm quite relieved we haven't got a league game on Sat. Get Tuesday's LDV out of the way and then a rest and then we have 9 days in which to work towards the Crewe & Charlton games.

Couple of things from me on yesterday's performance.

Set pieces:
The number of goals we have conceded from corners is a real worry to me. We need to employ a defensive coach who looks at these things and gets us set up right.
Our delivery is shocking, whether it's corners or free kicks. It's going to hit the wall or not clear the first man. Again get working on these.

Captaincy:
Whilst I have no doubt the ex Knobber may be a good pro etc. for me he can't motivate or influence the team whilst he is 50yds from the majority of the play. I'd rather we had a captain as an out field player. Looking at then options who started yesterday, Husband aside as we know he is good for 3 reds a season I'd have given it to Ward.

Experience:
We are a young team, I'd like our next signing to be an old head, particularly at centre half. Who, or where we get him from I have no idea but we need an organiser. Our next signing is crucial.

Team Selection Tactics:
I don't particularly want us to change the starting formation, but we have to adapt to how a game is going. I thought Yates was desperately unlucky yesterday, but to sub him and bring Sarkic on as a CF was surprising to say the least. For me if he wasn't injured I would have taken Ward off as he had a very quiet game yesterday and brought Madine on, going 4-4-2.

Overall I'm not too disheartened, just the result being galling. 2 crazy penalties to give away, and what the hell was Marv thinking in giving away that corner???

I'm quite relieved we haven't got a league game on Sat. Get Tuesday's LDV out of the way and then a rest and then we have 9 days in which to work towards the Crewe & Charlton games.
Could you have Robson as captain, SEX?

I'm not sure Ward should starting at the moment. He's a graceful player to watch, but I think we could improve the midfield by replacing him. Virtue or Williams, perhaps. We might need a central striker if we want to go for broke.

Good to hear the views of those Lincoln fans, Abel. I agree with them. Lots to improve but the basis of a good side, with new players still adjusting. Garbutt and Gabriel to come in. Move Mitchell forward, doesn't look sound defensively. For Lubala, maybe?

I like Critchley and hope the fans don't turn on him. 😬

Last edited: