Blackpool released and retained list | Page 3 | Vital Football

Blackpool released and retained list

KK could show flashes of brilliance, but for every decent game we had 4 or 5 where he was missing in action and not looking interested

that ratio may have been fair in previous seasons, he was a lot more consistent in this - particularly once Garbutt got fit and playing regularly with him down that side. I’m surprised we’ve let him go.

Turton has rejected a new contract. The conversation went something like this..

"Well Ollie, we were going to give you £2k a week but after that pathetic attempt at a clearance that resulted in an own goal, we'll give you £1k"

I strongly suspect we gave another gamechanger lined up. Am excited to see who we sign.

I believe and hope you are right.

I thought KK actually had some good spells in the latter half of the season. He presented a different type of threat and scored some good goals, especially when drifting away from where it looked like he was being asked to play in the system.

No real surprises in the list other than him and perhaps Garrity, but as suggested earlier, perhaps we have a deal agreed for Garrity. Feel sorry for Sims also but hopefully he will land on his feet somewhere.

I like the core of the squad we have but with Ollie leaving and Gabriel back to Forest, getting 2 RBs seems like an obvious priority.
Add to that a creative midfielder, goalkeeper, and of course bring Ballard and Simms back to Bloomfield road.

I strongly suspect we gave another gamechanger lined up. Am excited to see who we sign.

Hopefully. Though I hope it's more than a couple now. I may be in the minority, but playing the likes of Anderson out wide was a big part of the lack of goals for us in the first half of the season (I don't mind Anderson for the record, but not out wide). The only player currently in our squad that can play on either wing is CJ, so I'd be looking for 2 if not 3 players in those areas.

Hopefully. Though I hope it's more than a couple now. I may be in the minority, but playing the likes of Anderson out wide was a big part of the lack of goals for us in the first half of the season (I don't mind Anderson for the record, but not out wide). The only player currently in our squad that can play on either wing is CJ, so I'd be looking for 2 if not 3 players in those areas.

Mitchell could possibly play both sides couldn't he?
When he is on and running at people he looks like he has the ball glued to his feet.... thought he was little quiet during the playoff final though so perhaps more of an impact sub?

Mitchell could possibly play both sides couldn't he?
When he is on and running at people he looks like he has the ball glued to his feet.... thought he was little quiet during the playoff final though so perhaps more of an impact sub?
Mitchells looked better the last quarter of the season playing up top - but he'd need to make another leap to have an impact in the Championship again. But fair, I had forgotten about him. If he's the 4th option that's probably alright.

I think it’s a mistake letting KaiKai go.

Yes he has games where he does nothing but he has that extra quality on his day which not many others do and can pull a goal out of no where, he was worth another year in my view.

Be interesting where he ends up.

That said, the recruitment team are clearly on it so maybe once we’ve seen who we have brought in letting him go may make more sense.

Not overly fussed about Turton leaving but wish him well.

Will also be interesting to see who accepts a new contract and who seeks employment elsewhere.

Ben Garrity has signed for Sky Bet League Two side Port Vale for an undisclosed fee.

The 24-year-old joined the Seasiders from Warrington Town in January 2020, before enjoying a successful season on loan at Oldham Athletic in the 2020/21 campaign.

Blackpool Football Club wishes Ben the very best of luck for the future.

I think it’s a mistake letting KaiKai go.

Yes he has games where he does nothing but he has that extra quality on his day which not many others do and can pull a goal out of no where, he was worth another year in my view.

Be interesting where he ends up.

That said, the recruitment team are clearly on it so maybe once we’ve seen who we have brought in letting him go may make more sense.

Not overly fussed about Turton leaving but wish him well.

Will also be interesting to see who accepts a new contract and who seeks employment elsewhere.
Do they have internet / fax machines in Portugal ? If not maybe a while before we hear from all the out of contract players