Blackpool released and retained list | Page 2 | Vital Football

Blackpool released and retained list

Some good analysis above. I do think we will also need to add a really creative attacking midfielder to help unlock championship defences (an Adam or a Hoolahan type). Remember the excitement at Leicester when Wes appeared for our first match back in the championship. I have a feeling that Sadler and Critchley will spring a few surprises both in terms of players released and signings made. If you look at the loans we have had this season, none of them were particularly on our radar, but, with the exception of Woodburn, have made excellent and important contributions to our success. I don't think Forest will loan Gabriel to another championship club.

Some good analysis above. I do think we will also need to add a really creative attacking midfielder to help unlock championship defences (an Adam or a Hoolahan type). Remember the excitement at Leicester when Wes appeared for our first match back in the championship. I have a feeling that Sadler and Critchley will spring a few surprises both in terms of players released and signings made. If you look at the loans we have had this season, none of them were particularly on our radar, but, with the exception of Woodburn, have made excellent and important contributions to our success. I don't think Forest will loan Gabriel to another championship club.

100% agree on the attacking midfield point. Think Embleton made a big difference to this team; without actually being particular great, just because he was a AM that wanted the ball and linked up the attack. That’s the priority area for signing for me (after Simms and Ballard). KDH or Connor Ronan would be ideal!

CB, for me it’s getting Gretarsson bulked up in the gym. Everything apart from his physicality is probably championship level already! If Husband is our fourth choice CB, I could probably live with it.

Priorities for me would be:
- resign Ballard and Simms on loan.
- Gabriel on a permanent, if that’s not available i don’t think we should waste a loan slot on him. We need a longer term solution at RB as Turton should be (at best) a squad player.
- AM (as per above)
- creative wide player (CJ will have injury problems, and I think KK needs the competition!)
- Cover at LB
- GK

Turton + KK gone.

Retained List Announced
Six Players Offered New Contracts
Just now

Large

Blackpool Football Club can now confirm its retained list following promotion back to the Sky Bet Championship.
Luke Garbutt, James Husband, Gary Madine and Stuart Moore are amongst six players to be considering contract offers from the Seasiders, while an option has been taken up to extend Grant Ward’s contract by a further 12 months.
Ollie Turton has respectfully declined the offer of a new deal at Bloomfield Road and agreed a pre-contract with another club.

Sullay Kaikai’s two-year stay at Blackpool will also come to an end this summer, with the winger one of six players to depart.
New contracts offered to:
Cameron Antwi
James Husband
Luke Garbutt
Gary Madine
Stuart Moore
Nathan Shaw
Contract options exercised on:
Ben Garrity
Grant Ward
Players leaving the Club:
Liam Feeney
Alex Fojticek
Sullay Kaikai
Jack Sims
Ollie Turton
Adi Yussuf
Loan players returning to parent clubs:
Daniel Ballard (Arsenal)
Elliot Embleton (Sunderland)
Jordan Gabriel (Nottingham Forest)
Ellis Simms (Everton)
Neil Critchley said:
“It’s never easy making these decisions and informing players about their futures, but I would like to place on record my thanks to all those departing for their efforts in tangerine and wish them the very best of luck.
“I would also like to thank the players we’ve had on loan this season, who are now returning to their parent clubs. It’s been great to see them develop during their time with us and contribute to the success we’ve had this season.”

hmmmm. Interesting.

No mention of Lubala
Bye 2k disappointing
Good luck Olli T
Shame about Jack Simms
Surprised Luke Moore offered a contract
At the start of the season I thought Husband was finished at B'Pool, great second half to the season and versitality

Just thought the same re: Bez.
His time us over here, as I imagine is Nuttall's.
With Gabriel going back to the worlds most massivest club and Turton gone that leaves no RB on the books - not including Howe in any form of consideration here.
Gutted re: Simms I think he has real.potential.
KK - Too many times he was a passenger.
Let the rumours begin.

I imagine that for the purposes of meeting the deadline they've focused purely on those out of contract and that plenty else is going on.

Turton has been an excellent servant to the club. Can only presume he has a big offer on the table. My immediate thought is Salford.

Surprised at Kaikai. We must have a big upgrade planned there.

Concerned about Moore being the back up keeper in the Championship.

Scrafton reckons we have a taker for Garrity.

Otherwise, as expected.

If those offered contracts sign them I reckon we're probably looking at:

A keeper
A left footed centre half
A right footed centre half
2 right backs
A winger
An attacking midfielder
2 strikers

2K .....for all his occasional brilliance we cannot afford to carry any players who don't turn up for 90 minutes every game. Disappointed he didn't achieve that level of consistency for us because he is undoubtedly talented.
Olli Turton? Would have kept him but I trust Critch to find a more than adequate replacement.

KK could show flashes of brilliance, but for every decent game we had 4 or 5 where he was missing in action and not looking interested