Blackpool Predictions | Vital Football

Blackpool Predictions

Alfalf2

Vital Reserves Team
The Seasiders are a solid Championship side and although they have Covid problems I cant help thinking they'll be too good for us. After all, if we cant manage a goal against the likes of Oldham and Scunthorpe why would we score against a Championship defence? Can we stop them scoring? I doubt it. I think it is likely to be a three nil reverse.

Didn't see that result coming!
Pools were distinctly second best in the first half and couldn't have complained if they'd been more than one goal behind. Second half was a totally different affair as Pools upped their game all over the pitch, culminating in a great goal by Joe Grey to secure the victory.

As always I am delighted to be proved wrong. The win is worth around 80,000 to the club so a great day for all concerned. An unexpected Pools win always brightens a Saturday night, doesn't it? Of course it begs the question, why cant we do this in the league?

In the league teams, Scunthorpe Oldham etc, come to defend and frustrate, hoping to snatch a goal. Whereas, both Bolton and Blackpool came to win and played a more open game.
Despite these two victories this week Pools still must strengthen if they are to challenge in League2.

Why can't we do what in the league?
Play with energy and enthusiasm, move the ball quickly, score goals.....that sort of thing. I notice Scunthorpe got hammered 4-0 yesterday but we couldn't manage even one goal.

I completely fail to understand how anyone could have watched the team play this season and not have noticed that they play with energy and enthusiasm or that they move the ball quickly. We might need to strengthen the team in some areas, but that factor isn't something the team could have 'done in the league'.

I was at the Orient game, were you? By all accounts energy, enthusiasm and moving the ball quickly were singularly absent when Oldham and Scunthorpe visited the Suits You stadium. Were you present at either of these games?

I was present at both the Scunthorpe and Oldham games. Pools were energetic and enthusiastic in both, however the way both teams set up to frustrate prevented any opportunity to move the ball forward quickly.
IMO in both games what we required was a target man so that we could play long ball and unsettle their packed defence, but Pools don't possess such a player.

Having beaten Blackpool, we've been "rewarded " with an an away trip to Crystal Palace in the 4th round. Not a particularly glamorous tie, and unlikely to do much for Pools coffers either - Palace aren't the best supported club!

I was present at both the Scunthorpe and Oldham games. Pools were energetic and enthusiastic in both, however the way both teams set up to frustrate prevented any opportunity to move the ball forward quickly.
IMO in both games what we required was a target man so that we could play long ball and unsettle their packed defence, but Pools don't possess such a player.

Yeah but Pools have had some great wins this season without the target man. 2-1 against Northampton, 3-2 against Harrogate, 3-1 at Bradford. Of course we need a target man but we have shown we can win games without one.

Having beaten Blackpool, we've been "rewarded " with an an away trip to Crystal Palace in the 4th round. Not a particularly glamorous tie, and unlikely to do much for Pools coffers either - Palace aren't the best supported club!
Yes an unfortunate draw. Wont be a particularly big gate and we will get hammered.

I was at the Orient game, were you? By all accounts energy, enthusiasm and moving the ball quickly were singularly absent when Oldham and Scunthorpe visited the Suits You stadium. Were you present at either of these games?

You are basing your opinion partly on hearsay and partly on the viewing of a single match this season. That hardly deserves a response.

Yet respond you do. Always keen to score a point it seems.

Let's rewind a little. You made a derogatory comment about the team, insulting to them and unpleasant to read because of its churlishness. It turns out that you have no grounds at all for making the comment other than having attended a single match. Yet when this is pointed out, all you can do is post another churlish comment about 'point-scoring'. Would it be too much to expect that just occasionally you might admit to being wrong?

As a Pools fan of getting on for 55 years I reserve the right to give my opinion on their performances and wont be censored by you or anyone else. As a Pools fan I read as much as I can following Pools games and some of this reading includes the accounts of fellow fans who were at the games. Having read what I can and viewed available highlights packages I come to my conclusions. No idea where you derive the evidence for your confident assertions regarding the team, no doubt you are a regular at the Vic but of course you only pop up on here from time to time presumably when you feel like an argument. Me and OP have kept this board alive over the past 3 or 4 years with little or no input from you and while not always agreeing, OP and I manage to be civil to each other.

Let's move on, please.

Feel sure we all have the one common desire, to see Pools do well. No doubt we all see things differently in terms of performance and individual contributions by the players, however what we all wish to see is Pools do well and winning matches.