BLACKPOOL (H) | Page 2 | Vital Football

BLACKPOOL (H)

Getting bullied off the ball a bit here ..one of two should have been free kicks for us ...which is OK if ref reacts the same way if one of theirs gets a clout !

Kin ell !!
0-2 in two minutes and looks like praters

I don’t think we are literally big enough as a team ?

Last edited:
A couple of things really frustrating:

We've wasted every corner going short and not even getting it in the box

And as expected by the starting line up we've been constantly outnumbered in midfield which means we've been forced to go long and lose the ball constantly plus when they've come forward they've had plenty of time and space.

I know we are short on players and quality but we're not helping ourselves with those tactics. It's a nice idea to play 4 forwards and maybe if we had Williams and Morsy in central midfield you could maybe get away with that - but we are are talking Perry and Merrie - they haven't got a prayer being outnumbered.

My thoughts when seeing the team sheet was that we would be very light in midfield. A very attack minded team but very little quality in midfield. Perry and Merrie try hard in midfield but in all honesty they are a little out of there depth in this division but that's no detriment to them as they are not ready yet and have been thrown in at the deep end this season. Maybe they will benefit from this later in their career but sadly not yet.

Garbage so far. They need a rocket from the manager. Sad thing is that Blackpool aren’t that good. We are just making them look that way

In what is left of the window midfield is the area we need to strengthen badly. Perry and Merrie have been set up to fail tonight but i don't think they are good enough - certainly not as a pair.

That isn't to say it's their fault we are losing tonight, as other players have made costly mistakes (was it Whelan who headed it down to their striker for their second goal?) and the team selection has created our issues more than anything - but it's noticeable they lack genuine presence in the middle. When is Evans meant to be back?

In what is left of the window midfield is the area we need to strengthen badly. Perry and Merrie have been set up to fail tonight but i don't think they are good enough - certainly not as a pair.

That isn't to say it's their fault we are losing tonight, as other players have made costly mistakes and the team selection has created our issues more than anything - but it's noticeable they lack genuine presence middle.
Perry is too lightweight and nit aggressive enough. I think Merrie has come on in leaps and bounds but he needs a partner to share some of that donkey work and to be braver on the ball