BLACKPOOL (H) | Vital Football

BLACKPOOL (H)

Only once in this wretched season have I paid to watch the tics - Rochdale at home! Tonight will be my second time. Sincerely hope I'm not a jinx......
Might not be on yet, as Covid is sweeping through the Blackpool squad like wildfire.
Likely to hear something before midday.

Seems they have a few injurys has well so bet they are itching for it to be cancelled
If it is i bet its at last minute

Weather’s atrocious and that pitch was already a ‘pudding’ before it took stick for 90 minutes on Saturday

Wow - hard to believe that pitch really. I probably watched it on match of the day and never thought there was anything wrong with it.

That was by no means the worst pitch they would have played on back then....Derby County’s Baseball Ground was infamous. I can remember George Best clodding handfuls of slutch at opponents who had wound him up.

I'm a bit worried we could get overrun in midfield with that line up. But if it clicks it could be very exciting.

Perhaps the plan is to by-pass midfield and the swamp they currently inhabit.

Latics: Jones (Capt), Darikwa, Johnston, Whelan, Pearce; Merrie, Perry; Keane, Lang, Clough; Joseph.
Subs: Evans, Obi, Crankshaw, Robinson, Aasgaard, Gardner.

Home win , 3-1.
Start to believe we can get out of this mess.
7PM kick off for those not bought their pass yet.

This will be the 8th pass I’ve bought this season and the narrow victory over Donny is the only win on my record ....so you’ve been warned 😖

Haven’t seen the pitch in such a horrendous state for many a long year. One of the consequences of administration I guess.

Fancy us for a 2-0 win tonight.

I am surprised Gardner was dropped, think he did well in the last game and we are quite attack heavy. Only really the centre 2 mids likely to stay in the middle of the park.

If i am remembering correctly this keeper struggles badly at kicking, so if it is him we should not let them play it out from the back at all and force them to go long. Most balls will end up a Wigan throw in their half.