Blackburn v Swans

keith margam

Vital Football Legend
Form Guide last 6 matches -
Blackburn LWWWWL F9 A5 Pts 12
Swansea WLWWDD F11 A11 Pts 11

Blackburn last 6 home LLWLWW F7 A3 Pts 9
Swansea last 6 away LLLLLW F3 A13 Pts 3

As the season draws to a close one can’t help thinking what might have been.
Undoubtedly our away form in the second half of the season has cost us a play-off place.
A shame really as our home form is on par with Norwich during this period and they are already promoted.
Looking at this Sunday’s match and the respective teams home and away form -
Blackburn have only conceded 3 goals in their last 6 home matches.
Swansea have scored only 3 goals in their last 6 away matches.

Another tough one and I'm not overly confident with us away from home and the first half on Wednesday night we looked like we had little interest. A game that has nothing riding on it and from memory these are never the best and it would be interesting to see our record in final games of the season .

.....but wait Baker-Richardson equalises on 25’, cross from Routledge.
James not even sub today, John and Fulton start.

Grimes cross from a set piece, McBurnie header to bottom left hand corner 35’.
Danny Graham’s header goes wide from a corner on 37’
It’s half time 1-2.

Last edited:
Sleeping again, Dack shot 2-2, two minutes after the restart.
Dack shot hits the post on 52’
Dhanda replaces Baker Richardson on 61’
Conway replaces Danny Graham on 67’
Asoro replaces Byers 79’, all Blackburn now.
Dyer replaces Routledge 87’
90+2 corner conceded by Carter-Vickers
90+3 corner conceded by Hoorn
90+5 match ends 2-2, all Blackburn second half.
We drop a place to 10th, Forest won and take the 9th spot.

Last edited:
Possession: 48% - 52% (65% at half time)
Shots: 11 - 9
On target: 4 - 3
Corners: 11 - 3
Yellow cards: 1 - 1
Attendance: 16,227

First goal, Swans fail to clear a corner, shot blocked, Lenihan jumps with Nordfelt and scores off his back.

The story is James was out with a toe injury, had injections for Derby game and played to try and be fair to the play-off chasing teams.

Norwich win at Villa and go up as Champions. Sheff Utd draw at Stoke and stay 2nd and are promoted. Leeds lose at bottom club Ipswich but stay 3rd. West Brom lose at Derby but stay 4th. Villa lose at home but stay 5th. Derby stay 6th after winning. Middlesboro miss out by a point to Derby for the play-offs and stay 7th. Bristol City draw at Hull and miss out in 8th. Forest leapfrog Swans to 9th after beating Bolton. Swans finish 10th after drawing their last 3 games and dropping 6 points.

Good updates as always Keith, I didn't see the game so it's useful reading your summary on here.

The James thing sounds like an excuse why he was out, sorry to be cynical.

I did see the goals on the highlights though and Nordfeldt has cost us yet again. Was told we dominated 1st half but gifted them goals. 2nd one as well, done again by trying to play out from the back. I get that that is our style but surely sometimes you have to be less stubborn and look to go long.