Blackburn Rovers Fan Comments | Vital Football

Blackburn Rovers Fan Comments

Calvin Plummer

Vital Football Legend
Some great memory's of playing Forest in the 90's, we only lost once to them in that period which was that fateful game in 99. Tough game this, we both have similar records this season, them being just above us on goal difference.I can see a draw here, think we'll tighten up after the last couple of games.

Aren't Karanka's teams quite defensive, in a similar mould to Pulis/Allardyce?

A bit of cash spent and their fans think it’s the second coming of the Clough years.

You wouldn’t think they’d been out of the top flight for 20 years with two stints in League 1 to boot.

They seem quite a realistic bunch and down to earth bunch on that Forest forum game thread non of the usual tosh, proper club.

Also,

"Even in my days of going to the majority of away games, visits to your Blackburns, Burnley's and Preston's were always ones I'd swerve."

Too much working class for the leafy Nottinghamshire suburbs?.Sound like a right bunch of arrogant Clowns.

There aren’t half some rum places in Nottingham itself.

"without Jack Walker throwing money at them like a drunken sailor on shore leave, they’d be a League One Club at best, which is about their level."

We’ve had 7 seasons in our history outside the top 2 divisions. Indeed we spent the majority of the pre Jack 80s trying to reach the top flight.

This club is steeped in history, 10th most successful club in England, 10 major trophies, it really pushes my buttons to read such tripe.

Try this for size Forest......

Clough jnr fist pumping at BBE after they gave him a rendition of 'Daddies boy' then Crossley throwing the ball in the net like a drunken sailor.

Official opening of Ewood ,, 7 (seven) nil wasn't it.,, Forest playing like a team of drunken sailors.

Lars Bohinen jumping sship because he was sick of playing with drunken sailors.

Must hurt some of them not being any bigger or better than our league one outfit.

They've won the Full Members cup twice which is once more than us - we must bow down !

Plus didn't we export Franz Carr to them ? Ungrateful lot.

One thing I’ve noticed on midland and southern club forums is that they constantly bang on about ‘northern shitholes’.

Inferiority complex or a serious lack of self-awareness going by many of the places I’ve set foot in outside our sacred north.

Nottingham famous for Robin Hood, then having a population of more women than men,then Brian Clough, then …… tumbleweed.

High quality lace , and low quality seventies band Paper Lace.

Forest's only good era was under Clough.

Having worked all over the UK I can safely say Nottingham is an odd place. It's not on anyone's list to visit, live in or work in. It's neither a northern or southern place it kind of just exists. Least in Blackburn theirs a sense of community togetherness which is typical of most Lancashire towns even Burnley who take the togetherness a bit too far with family members.

It's the ignorance of self pro claimed "Big Clubs" and their arrogance. Very proud of this clubs achievements which let's face it are not going to be bettered by Nottingham Forest anytime soon.

Karma, looked a soft penalty decision on first glance.

If you're stupid enough to pull a shirt in the box.....

From where we are sat it looked like he pulled him down. He keeps putting his arms round players. Forwards will take advantage of that and refs will give them.

Yeah you are right , just re-watched it.

Pantilimon was taking years to take his goal kicks.

Nyambe covering at left back, nobody had the sense to cover for him at right back, three of them queuing up that side, cross in, Grabban and his pathetic facial hair couldn’t miss. 0-1.

Good counter attack by Forest that.

Great team goal from Forest- Rovers are still the biggest threat to themselves though.

This ref, second pen for us turned down. And this one was a clear foul on Dack!

Oh F&Ck this ref. A damn dive he gives a penalty for. Disgrace, level third refereeing. How on earth we didnt get on Dack, and they get on that. What a disgrace. Watched it 5 times now on Ifollow. Ref has to have some bets on this.

Disgrace of a decision, that second penalty. The referee deserves to never work again after that. Appalling.

Prick.

Blatant dive for that penalty.

Couldn't believe he gave that decision, cheap dive.

Essentially robbed by an inept referee today.

Cheated out of three points.

Second penalty was scandalous considering the refs view. Overall a draw seems about right. We need to turn more draws into wins though or it will be a mid table plod this season.

Bloody ref! Shocking. Was only one team that looked like scoring last 10 mins we were holding on so not the worse result.

I'm just fed up of conceding in the last 10 minutes every other week. Forest should have bagged two in injury time, the defending from set pieces is atrocious. Going forward we were excellent for spells.

Didn't think either penalty was justified, the second one looked like the Forest player either dived or lost his footing with no -one near him . Leading up to the first the decision should hIave been a goal kick but a corner was wrongly awarded and from the resulting passage of play I thought the ball just went harmlessly behind the Forest player and the referee inexplicably blew for a penalty.

First pen, clear foul by Lenihan. Second pen, trip by Rodwell -no complaints from Rovers players.

Man of the match for me was Reed, roasted their left back multiple times.

As bad as a ref we've seen down at Ewood and the penalty decision.... well, really peed off. Ref will learn from our expense. Disgraceful, and I include the Forest player.

Shocking decision for the second penalty. The standard of refereeing in this country has become a joke. Week after week these guys continue to make mistakes and yet nothing seems to be done to improve the standard. As for the game I thought it was absolute cracking entertainment. It's a long time since I've enjoyed watching a Rovers team as much as I enjoy watching this one.

Whilst it looks for sure like their guy dived the lack of reaction and the stumble from Rodwell makes me think there was contact of sorts.

The first Forest penalty was clear I thought with Lenihan losing his player once again. Mowbray should really work him on the training ground for defensive set pieces. We should have had a penalty when Dack was impeded, it was arguably clearer than the earlier one. The equaliser from the spot was soft but the Forest player was caught by Rodwell. He made a meal of it but if you are making contact, however slight you are giving the referee a decision to make. After that we could quite easily have lost.

That's an utterly disgraceful decision from the ref for the 2nd pen.

Forest were good, they moved the ball quickly and they had some quality lefties in their midfield. I thought Lolley was excellent and Colback good in the centre. Their first goal was a brilliant counter attack. I liked Karanka's Boro team and this lot seem a good outfit too. Top 6 at a minimum I'd guess. They were certainly a lot better than Villa and probably the best side to have come to Ewood so far this season.

Nyambe was up against it with Lolley.

(Someone then posts a picture of Lolley clearly being fouled by Rodwell).

In fairness that does look like a pen. I retract my rant. The ref was still a tw@t though.

He still dived. Nothing contact.

A rant against the 'obvious' injustice and 'cheating' of a ref and 4 mins later a retraction.

This is the mess we are in now. There is contact so its a pen. We have let things get slowly worse and worse and now the game is pathetic. Its a dive plain and simple.

Forest deserved credit for the 1st goal and the quickness of their counter attack was good.

Great game today, proper entertainment which had everything save for a red card. I felt after a slow start we had a really good hour, shouldve taken more chances but then could've lost it near the end too. Of the penalties, I thought the 2nd was a clear dive tho the photo above tempers my anger, but thought also there was a push on Graham at the far post in the first half and a definite foul on Dack in the second. I felt the ref was inconsistent and gave all 50/50s in their favour.

What have Forest spent all this money on exactly? They looked like any other side in this league, their keeper was time wasting in the first half at 0-0 and their attitude of going down all the time was poor. I look at their side and there aren't many players I'd swap for ours. Another side capable of finishing in a playoff place or bottom half.

Under-achieving teams always blame the referee when they ought to be looking at themselves to their own failings. Referees don't win matches but good footballs teams do.

At least the unbeaten streak is still alive. & yes, glad Grabban only got a brace. He always scares me to death.

Good game ..could of been 5-5.

They had chances, we had chances. A fought for point.

It was one point won, then 2 points chucked, than one point won, considering the late Forest pressure.