Blackburn Rovers Fan Comments | Vital Football

Blackburn Rovers Fan Comments

Calvin Plummer

Vital Football Legend
Forest changing Managers at least means TM won't have spent two weeks obsessing about what Forest are going to do and disappearing up his own tailpipe producing a team and tactics that totally bemuse the out of position Rovers players. Unless he is Mystic Mog, he won't know what Hughton is going to conjure up from that huge Forest squad.

We know Forest will come to Ewood all fired up wanting to start their season five games late under their new boss. We know they have some very good players. We know Kaminski is going to have to be outstanding to keep his run of clean sheets going. We know Rovers are going to have to be at their best in taking their chances to win this one.

Deep down we also know if 20/21 is going to be a very special season for Rovers, this is the sort of game we have got to be winning.

Forest are in right state and it`ll take Hughton months to sort them out.

Disagree. They’ve got a squad with a lot of quality and two weeks on the training ground with Hughton will make them a force to be reckoned with. I’d take the point right now - they’ll rocket up the table.

The Franz Carr derby.

I think this season they are completely unbalanced and still have that play off nightmare in their heads,never a better time to play them i think.

Will BB score against his old club? Will they regret cashing on for only £6m?

Williams has tested positive, bit of a blow.

Forest under a new manager should be much more expansive than Cardiff,

Hughton has never been 'expansive'.

Forest will not be sitting back in their first game under a new manager, they’ll be in our face, pressing, winning every ball they can and fighting to get 3pts. If you think it’ll be anything different then you’re in for a shock come Saturday 5pm.

You said 'expansive'. That isn't what 'expansive' means.

I think our biggest problem on Saturday will be Forest being the opposite of expansive. Hughton is a naturally cautious manager and they’re playing against the highest scorers in the league. My guess is they’ll get 11 behind the ball, be as organised as possible and try to nick one....that’s not good for us. We struggle with teams who do that.

They will probably nick it on a set piece with there new manager bounce, wouldn't surprise me at all in this league.

His teams have always been well organised. It will be tough if he's been able to quickly whip them into shape.

Of course Hughton will try to win the game. That doesn't mean he will send his team out gung ho like headless chickens to try and outscore us. He will have a plan of how to deal with our threats and keep a clean sheet knowing if that works then at the very least they are getting into good habits in defence and have stopped the rot and if they nick one up the other end then they're up and running for the season.

He's a clever manager and will adapt his approach to teams depending on being home, away, and who they are playing. Start with the basics - stop the rot, stop conceding goals and go from there. All the best managers do that.

Being cautious and focusing on not conceding doesn't mean he won't try and win the game. His employers won't give a stuff if it moves them up the table. Lamouchi was as dull as they come but he had them chasing promotion all last season so they were happy with it.

Only having our 4th and 5th choice centre backs available is a worry.

Holtby is a huge miss for us.

Forest trying to get Knockaert over the line - hopefully not in time for Saturdays match.

Wouldn’t be surprised if some of today’s positivity is reigned in a little with this game. Forest have a good squad and a very good manager. Title decider?

Looking really thin in midfield now. Holtby's had a new baby, so he's over in Germany sorting things out for his wife.

To quote Roy Keane... “well he’s not had the baby has he!!”

New signing bounce for Forest so we'll just win 4-0.

Bitter experience has taught me high optimism levels usually end badly for Rovers. Forest to prick the bubble with a 2-1 win.

Forest wont believe their luck showing up here with no Dack, Travis, Elliott, Rothwell, Holtby.

Virtually our 2nd XI now.

I think Hughton will come with a game plan to try to frustrate Rovers' attacking threat and to swamp midfield and defence for 70 mins before trying to sneak a goal on the break at the death.

Just noticed Forest have managed to score only one League goal all season so far. We just know they are going to get a bag full today.

With Grabban and Lyle Taylor in their ranks too. Big job keeping the former quiet today - one of the divisions best.

Tough game today, they've got matchwinners in the likes of Grabban, Knockeart, Lyle Taylor and Freeman (and whoever else they've signed in the last few days). They've spent quite a bit of money this summer (£7m on 2 CB's alone) and have some good players. Hughton will have them organised. Hopefully they are still in disarray after 4 defeats on the bounce but I have a horrible feeling they'll get something from the game.Big test of our top 6 credentials. Rovers 1 Forest 2.

Mate of mine, a Bristol City fan, said Forest were excellent against them a couple of games back, should've won. We can't take this game lightly, they've a strong squad & a manager who knows how to get results in this league.

Apparently Rothwell has caught Covid after a night out in Blackpool. So stupid and irresponsible.

Lightweight line up. I think we struggle today.

Makes the decision to give Holtby extended parental leave look very poor. I'm all for family but, bloody hell...

This one takes the piss, kid was born over a week ago...He should be back doing what we pay him for today.

Forest have a very strong team out. Lolley, Ameobi, Freeman, Grabban all playing.

Just spotted an old familiar face on the touchline - Steven Reid. Didn't realise he was part of the backroom staff for Forest now.

We will lose this. Our central midfield aren’t mobile enough.

Grabban is dangerous.

No shots on target 30 mins in.

Very much been a stalemate so far, neither team able to make much happen.

Midfield 3 are just so pedestrian when we have the chance to break. Holtby and Rothwell are huge losses, they really drive us forward.

Forest sitting very deep and absorbing everything.

Rope a dope with our midfield today.

We’re just luring them into an incredibly well disguised trap.

A disappointing half, but not unexpected considering the lineup. The midfield is back to that slow, sludgy dynamic we had gotten used to.

Victims of our own successful start to the season. Both Cardiff and Forest have come to frustrate and so far have succeeded. Having said that, being without Dack, Holtby, Rothwell, Williams, Travis, Rankin-Costello, Douglas, Tybull, Elliot and Bennett doesn’t help either.

We’ve gone from a team who looked like they couldn’t stop scoring, to a team who looks like they’ll be lucky to score this side of Christmas.

Credit to Hughton who's got Forest well organised which is putting Rovers off. Need more dynamism and slick passing in midfield if we are going to get anything today, more worried that Forest look the more likely.

We need to be able to create much more otherwise Grabban, Lolly and Ameobi will make us pay in the second half. The writing is already on the wall.

That's 45 minutes I wont get back. Collective shite.

Dreadful first half, playing at exhibition pace, Forest could just line up behind us and watch us play the ball sideways and backwards all day.

I’m not surprised we haven’t created many chances. As stated in earlier Hughton is a negative type and his teams are well organised and we have lost our two most creative players....BUT fuck me can we please just pass to each other in the second half please!? There’s no point working hard, winning the ball back and then casually passing it back to them!

To date playing at home in this match no shots on target.

Brereton sort of had 1.

Sneaky feelin Forest'll nick this.

Bench is awful, no way to change it up.

Quality ball in from Buckley there, must score.

Brereton must win more fouls than almost any other player.

Really miss Dack for poor quality games like this.

Brereton worked hard this half. Not looked like scoring of course...but he has worked hard.

Good job Forest are crap too.

Rovers look what they always have been under Mowbray - an average mid-table side.

Fucking hell, who is this bloke with a pink mop on his head?

It's Lyle Taylor, I would have liked him here. Always rated him.

We couldn’t stop scoring or creating chances 2 games ago. This is concerning - barely anything created of note in 180 minutes.

Lyle Taylor dyes his hair pink every October for Breast Cancer Awareness.

Well! That's just fucking...really good of him actually. Now I feel bad for mocking.

Why did we spend all that money on Gallagher and Brereton? There's just nothing about them at all.

I think it’s easily done and actually part of the idea you’d imagine, it grabs attention, gets stick and then gives a chance to highlight the cause.

This has been awful. We've been shite and forest have had about 58 men behind the ball at all times. We play so much better when not favourites. We have to learn how to break sides down if we want to progress.

Brereton's purple patch is over. Time to ditch him from the first team.

1-0 Forest. So so so so so Rovers. Enjoy that first win lads.

Well back to normality.

Nailed on that. Piss poor all game.

Exactly what we deserved!!!

Bradley Johnson pub league player.

Scrappy goal but seemed to be coming.

Have we even created a chance? back four and goalie been decent. Rest of the lot absolutely attrocious.

Utterly trash the last 2 games.

Rothwell, Holtby, Williams and Dack along with the new signings and today is a very different game.

And Douglas.

Completely undeserved, but that's football for you.

Also I can see why Hughton struggles to get jobs, despite being successful. Turgid football.

His team won the game. That's all that counts.

It`s a game of results, if you want entertainment then go to the theatre or cinema.

We had 61 percent possession. Forest had 15 shots and 4 on target, we had 6 and 2 on target.

Hughton will be loving that. Pack the defence, disrupt the opposition, hit them late on. Perfect for him. Mowbray has always struggled to break teams down like that.

Can't say we deserved anything else. Forest had 15 shots to our 6 and 4 on target compared to our 2. Nothing to do with luck. They had more chances and took one of them, whereas we had less chances and took none of them.

Boring game but it won’t be the first or last of them down at Ewood the difference is I’m not trudging back up the hill in the rain after losing 1-0. Silver lining and all that.

Its not the end of the world and Forest kinda Deserved the win. They were very organised at the back and felt like scoring at the end which they did. We move on.

They’ll be right up there will Forest no matter how dire their tactics.

Yep, they'll grind out a lot of results with that style of football. I feel sorry for their fans.

Dire tactics? They had 15 shots to our 6! Theres nothing wrong with siting back and letting a sterile attacking team have the ball in non-dangerous areas to nullify our main attacking threat, whilst getting forward in numbers when you do get the ball.

Hughton's Forest defended a point as least of their intentions but always posed a threat of getting all 3 and never of leaving Ewood pointless.

New manager for them and we had how many out? Lucky goal. Next.

They deserved to win Paul; we created nothing.

Garbage game. Forest were as poor as us. Neither team deserved to win.

Didn’t they have three times the shots we had? And hit the woodwork twice (as the away side).

Chris Hughton has a hex over us. I may be imaging it but we hardly ever seem to beat his sides. I knew as soon as he was appointed we were in for some pain today.

A bloke who will get Forest promoted. Meanwhile, we will continue to flatter to deceive.

I can't understand this idea that we were 'unlucky' today. They had more and better chances than us, so how is that unlucky other than the timing of the goal being near the end of the match? Neither team looked particularly decent, but if anybody deserved to win it was Forest, unfortunately.

So you think they played well and created clear cut chances? I seem to recall their undeserved winner taking a cruel / lucky deflection. I think our GK only had one decent save to make. Thrilling.

Thought it was a textbook away performance. I’d be thrilled as a Forest fan, yes.

He'll have them in the top end this season if TM finishes above him we'll have done very well i reckon.

Joe lolley is our modern day Scholes, always has an impact against us, knew when they scored it would be him.

One positive to take is that when (if?) everyone is fully fit 6 of that 11 will not be starting.

At least.

Nothing worse than a shite game of attritional football and then not even getting the point.

Elliot shouldn't be starting but Liverpool insist he should.

Forest were well organised like Cardiff were but I thought that they were lucky for the whole of the game. They had the rub of the green. In the last 30 minutes I lost count of the times I shouted at my screen, "You jammy gits!". Even their goal was a jammy deflection.

Ameobi and the guy with a pink hat on looked far more dangerous than our lot.

Not a good performance - but unlucky to lose to an ultra defensive forest.

Ultra defensive or not, they managed 15 shots to our 6.

There is no doubt that the squad of players we now have assembled should be capable of challenging for a top 2 spot.

I'd say there's plenty of doubt. I'd take players like Freeman, Knockeart, Grabban, Lolley etc over most of ours and that's just the team we played today. Our squad has been totally over-hyped these past few days. It's a good Championship squad, there are probably 10 other squads just as good if not better.

Just for a bit of context, whilst accepting that Rovers didn't play especially well today, below are the stats from Forest v Bristol, Lamouche's last match. I don't think that their performance today was that far removed from their performance last time out. I suspect they're in a false position and will be up there or thereabouts come May.

If Hughton was in our dugout we would not have lost that game today.

Mowbray outdone again today. Not a surprise because Hughton is a top operator at this level who knows how to dig wins out of difficult situations.

A lot of snobbery towards Hughton and their style but I felt that Forest edged the game really, they had the decent chances and got very lucky with the goal but were desperately unlucky minutes earlier when Ameobi hit the post.

Not surprised to see a well drilled Forest built on structure and organisation and one that ultimately grew into the game and unfortunately I felt possibly deserved their narrow win.

What I do know is Hughton walked into a mess, a team that's lost it's first four games, yet somehow has contrived to get off to a winning start against a manager whose side has been 'evolving' for three and a half years. Hughton knows the game inside out and hats off to him tonight.

Cheers CP. Pretty fair bunch overall it has to be said. A few there that seemed to think we deserved to edge it which is pretty much how I felt. That said, I’d have been spewing if we’d gone down to a deflection like that but I think we deserved a bit of luck for a change. Lots of appreciation for CH and with Knockaert and possibly Grosicki to provide an extra attacking edge I think we’ll definitely be right in the mix at the business end of the season - the divisions wide open this year. Hughton has that air of a man who really knows what he’s doing and despite the awful start to the season I feel more optimistic about our chances than I have for about 10 years now.

Elliott shouldn’t be starting, but THEY insist he should.
It’s shocking really. I like Wilson, but kind of glad we didn’t get him, if them wankers think they should decide who plays in our team.