Bitcoin Mining & Other Crypto Currencies | Page 12 | Vital Football

Bitcoin Mining & Other Crypto Currencies

A question for someone more clued up on crypto than me - what’s the deal with Ripple? They seem to be targeting the banks and some banks have taken an interest. Is ripple here to stay.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-01-25/ripple-wants-xrp-to-be-bitcoin-for-banks-if-only-the-banks-wanted-it

The trouble with Ripple and whats good about Ripple are probably the same thing

It is basically the banks crypto which like our money they can just create as much as they want, so its not a blockchain crypto, more like a token

As the banks control it, they can obviously promote it within their industry and this is where ripple comes in. At the moment every transaction is charged by swift. There is rumour that swift is going to get replaced by ripple and why wouldn't it be? it would earn the banks billions

I say at $1 Ripple is a good investment to chuck £100 at and role the dice

So is there value in holding a Ripple token, or is the company worth the investment for the technology? Although it’s a private company so let the latter isn’t possible for the masses currently.

It seems you have you buy bitcoin to then invest in ripple, so how do you cash out - in the same way?

I agree at $1 if you have money to lose then why not but again it’s pure speculation.

Or you could send your £100 to one of those American Evangelical churches who preach the prosperity gospel and see what happens.

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/03/19/ability_to_dump_illegal_content_in_bitcoins_blockchain_puts_participants_in_peril/

Just wondered where you stood on this Tubbz given that you are invested in Bitcoin but also desperate to out Hillary and the rest of the Paedos.

Seems a bit of a conflict of interest.

I wasn't aware that illegal data could be transferred through the ledger

It looks like a perfect way to get it shut down if you were that way enclined

It's a US case, Silhill, so it's $2bn, and I would assume that anyone affected would have claimed with the appropriate agency to get their money back.

There is a sale on right now so get it while its cheap

If you look back at the graph of bitcoin, the bounceback has always been higher than the fall

I predict £20K by the end of May and then there will be another mini-collapse

Its just the way it works

$20k? It's struggling to stay above $6k.

Whatever happened to all these huge gains that people put their life saving son?

If people put their life savings on something so volatile they deserve to lose it all.

it's like putting your life savings on red or black.

Tony Xia might have done it thinking about it.

Worrying Dan, and more worrying that people fell for it.

I think there are stories on here of people remortgaging the house and investing the proceeds.

There will always be some that are easily conned, I suppose.