Bitcoin Mining & Other Crypto Currencies | Page 11 | Vital Football

Bitcoin Mining & Other Crypto Currencies

Hahaha. I sort of got it JPA. I didn't think you were being serious, anyway.

Giving financial advice involves taking responsibility when things go wrong. I hope nobody here took Tubbz's advice and has now lost money.

danvilla2 - 3/2/2018 07:41

A lad at my place of work has just bought one whole bitcoin for around £8k I believe because he’s read on an Internet forum it could hit £50k one day :37:

Tit.

$7,800 today, so he's already lost a couple of hundred.

I see Lloyds have banned customers buying them.

This is only going 1 way.... and it's not up to 50K!!!

If you look at when this thread was started it was June 2017.

I think the hype started a little before then.... and it was valued at around $1,800 then.

IF and it's a massive IF, but if this thing does have a true value based on anything tangiable and not around hype then it is going to be more around those levels than any of the prices we've seen since.

So I'd expect it to keep dropping down to a pre-hype level over the next 6 months or so.

Lloyds have only banned credit cards (ie using debt) to purchase. They haven't banned debit cards.

Given the uncertainty I think others will follow suit, how it rallies as that settles down will be interesting.

DeanoVilla - 6/2/2018 00:56

If you look at when this thread was started it was June 2017.

I think the hype started a little before then.... and it was valued at around $1,800 then.

IF and it's a massive IF, but if this thing does have a true value based on anything tangiable and not around hype then it is going to be more around those levels than any of the prices we've seen since.

So I'd expect it to keep dropping down to a pre-hype level over the next 6 months or so.

It's a fascinating question; what's the true value of something that doesn't exist? Until it has more utility than buying drugs off the internet, I can't see that there is much value there.

I guess one way to calculate it is to divide the size of the internet drugs market by the number of Bitcoin in circulations.

It seems that the slump in price is going to shake out the weak miners.

There might be a base price at $3,000 as that's the most efficient cost of mining a Bitcoin. If it goes below $3,000, there is no more mining. No mining means no more Bitcoin, I think.

There is a sale on right now so get it while its cheap

If you look back at the graph of bitcoin, the bounceback has always been higher than the fall

I predict £20K by the end of May and then there will be another mini-collapse

Its just the way it works

Yes, when mugs buy, supply and demand dictates price goes up. When the real investors see this, they sell off for a massive profit, leaving people with debts they used to buy the bitcoin, and nothing to back it up.

Ponsy scheme.

No, not at all. Yes, speculation does have an impact on prices, but underlying your investment is a business trying to make a profit. There is a physical asset as backing.

You have a vested interest in Bitcoin. You need more mugs to invest so you make more profit. It's as simple as that. Nobody should follow your advice on this, ever.

lol

Ok mate, this is your opinion of course

I'm merely pointing out that if purchased now, while it is relatively low, you will make a healthy profit because EVERY drop in price has produced a snap back that makes the price go higher than it has before

Surely if you study the graphs on prices you will see that I am correct

Putting say £1000 into BTC right now will result in a healthy profit once the price starts to go back up - Current price is £6185

This can easily be proved in time so we will see