Bit of Brexit info required. | Page 238 | Vital Football

Bit of Brexit info required.

Maybe if you hadn't neglected your rights/responsibility/duty in the past, things might have been going along more to your liking?

I'm guessing you don't feel any guilt about that. Absolute joke to criticise or claim it isn't democratic when you aren't even voting in the elections.

Not at all. I have no affiliation or connection with the political institutions of the eu and do not recognise them as superior to the uk. If it helps I don’t vote in American elections

Authoritarian Definitely
- LOL, no. Membership guarantees personal freedoms, rather than taking them away!

Ireland - voted the wrong way twice. Forced to rerun referendums.
France and Holland. Voted the wrong way. Lisbon treaty passed with France not giving another democratic vote. (Not sure what happened in Holland).

Denmark (Mass trick treaty) Voted the wrong way - forced to rerun.

United Kingdom - voted the wrong way. People who uphold democracy told they will rot in hell. Second vote to be forced through "punishment deal".

Of course anyone can be pro-Brexit and pro-NHS. I am. Theresa May is a Remain supporter for starters. Nigel Farage won't get anywhere near power. You are confusing Brexit with rubbish government policies.

Can you be pro-remain and pro-democracy? Would seem not at the moment, but I'm sure plenty of people are.

How old is that Independent (trades descriptions!) article !? UKIP leader Nigel Farage ...... !!

Last edited:
Of course anyone can be pro-Brexit and pro-NHS. I am.
But Brexit will damage and possibly even destroy the NHS as we know it. So if you are pro-brexit, you can say you are pro-NHS, but your actions are throwing it under a bus.

How old is that Independent (trades descriptions!) article !? UKIP leader Nigel Farage ...... !!
You surely aren't suggesting he's changed his mind, are you? Heaven forfend. Didn't think that was possible without defenestrating democracy.

You THINK Brexit will damage the NHS. This will only happen if the stupid Tory government get the policy wrong, or if the bloody minded EU decide they would rather kill our people than do sensible trade .

In the first case WE can choose to change the government and have proper policies. Can only assume you have no faith in the EU seeing any sense.

Been through this argument before, but there were 116 thousand hospital doctors in June 2018, only 110 thousand in June 2016. Amazing how Brexit has not stopped us recruiting doctors, yet has stopped us recruiting nurses ! Nothing to do with language tests , government policies etc

Last edited:
Lord almighty Itto gets more frantic by the day...the destruction of the nhs. Goodness me.

Labour and the conservatives are about to be decimated at the European elections. Palpable anger yesterday on question time regarding the issue of democracy.

Change UK

Changed their minds about honouring the referendum ?
Campaigning for no change?
Discarded like loose change ?

Lord almighty Itto gets more frantic by the day...the destruction of the nhs. Goodness me.

Labour and the conservatives are about to be decimated at the European elections. Palpable anger yesterday on question time regarding the issue of democracy.
The architects of brexit want to destroy the NHS as we know it. They've said it, written articles about it, and some have written books about it. These people are in charge now. Why don't you believe they will attempt to deliver their stated aims?

There was strong feeling in both sides of the debate on qt last night although the audience were pretty disgraceful. Dunno who that blowhard actor was but he certainly had a high opinion of himself. Shame he usually gave his opinions so forcefully despite not knowing what he was talking about. Sad microcosm of modern political debate. He even contradicted himself when he initially made a good point about population size being the elephant in the room. Pity he had to blame it on Africans but that's what an expat colonial upbringing can do. I've met lots of these people and many of them are far more 'meat and two veg' than modern brits and always hypercritical of the country going to hell in a handcart despite in many cases choosing not to live here.

The architects of brexit want to destroy the NHS as we know it. They've said it, written articles about it, and some have written books about it. These people are in charge now. Why don't you believe they will attempt to deliver their stated aims?

There was strong feeling in both sides of the debate on qt last night although the audience were pretty disgraceful. Dunno who that blowhard actor was but he certainly had a high opinion of himself. Shame he usually gave his opinions so forcefully despite not knowing what he was talking about. Sad microcosm of modern political debate. He even contradicted himself when he initially made a good point about population size being the elephant in the room. Pity he had to blame it on Africans but that's what an expat colonial upbringing can do. I've met lots of these people and many of them are far more 'meat and two veg' than modern brits and always hypercritical of the country going to hell in a handcart despite in many cases choosing not to live here.

The architects of Brexit are Juncker, Barnier, Macron etc who fail to see that we don't want failed unified currencies, armies, tax, finance ministers etc and plough on with the Unified State no matter what anyone thinks.

You do understand how democracy works don’t you?
Yes, and how it can be undermined.
Voting isn't infallible. Bad decisions can be made for a host of reasons.

I really don't want to bring up Hitler because it rarely helps but, well, Hitler.

The architects of Brexit are Juncker, Barnier, Macron etc who fail to see that we don't want failed unified currencies, armies, tax, finance ministers etc and plough on with the Unified State no matter what anyone thinks.
LOL. None of those things exist. If they are on the table we are either already immune or can veto.

And what of the brexiters thoughts on the NHS?

Willing to bet you had never heard of Michel Barnier before we had already voted in the referendum?

Same goes for Macron? He came from nowhere to take the presidency in September 2017. The referendum was June 2016.

Calling them the architects of Brexit is utterly laughable.

Yes, and how it can be undermined.
Voting isn't infallible. Bad decisions can be made for a host of reasons.

I really don't want to bring up Hitler because it rarely helps but, well, Hitler.

But well Blair. How many people were killed via his decisions