Bit of Brexit info required. | Page 246 | Vital Football

Bit of Brexit info required.

It's not right, but it rarely happens, and he can't carry on permanently as leader without facing an election, and at least the leader comes from the party that the electorate actually voted for !

Whoever wins will probably have to run for election in a few months anyhow.

Rarely happens? The last two PM's have been decided in the same way.

Who ever wins will be in the hot seat until 2020. Unless of course the 1922 committee decides again that they are not happy with the next incumbent

Rarely happens? The last two PM's have been decided in the same way.

Who ever wins will be in the hot seat until 2020. Unless of course the 1922 committee decides again that they are not happy with the next incumbent

It has happened twice because of Brexit ! Despite what she said, TM also went for a validatory election not long after. When did this happen previously? Brown and Major? It isn't standard procedure here to hold an election, then the Queen or House of Lords appoints someone like van Leyen who didn't even stand in the election, nor does she have any manifesto. Think she is in the main party (EPP?), but only because the other people that Merkel/Macron proposed weren't accepted by some of the other EU leaders.

Is Van Leyen actually an elected MEP ?? Was Juncker ? Not sure what the answer is on that one.

It has happened twice because of Brexit ! Despite what she said, TM also went for a validatory election not long after. When did this happen previously? Brown and Major? It isn't standard procedure here to hold an election, then the Queen or House of Lords appoints someone like van Leyen who didn't even stand in the election, nor does she have any manifesto. Think she is in the main party (EPP?), but only because the other people that Merkel/Macron proposed weren't accepted by some of the other EU leaders.

Is Van Leyen actually an elected MEP ?? Was Juncker ? Not sure what the answer is on that one.

Lets make it better then rather than taking our bat and ball home in a sulk?

Brexiteers the mardy arses of europe!

The only reason why TM held an election was because she was delusional and thought she'd easily win. Ill placed illusion.

As for the EU structure. It has been said many times on here that you do not fully understand the set up of the EU. It is still true to this day.

I caught part of the dispatches last night that looked at the changing face of the tory party and its swing further towards the right.

75& of party members said that they'd vote for Bojo. But alarmingly just 52% of those thought he'd be trustworthy.

Another scary thought is that 52% thought that Trump would make a good PM. Not because his administration has coherent policies, or that the cabinet would will look coherent, substantially more normal and less dysfunctional; less unpredictable; less faction-driven; less diplomatically clumsy and inept.

No their main reason for why he'd make a good PM was because he tells it like it is..........

The UK has got it coming

The only reason why TM held an election was because she was delusional and thought she'd easily win. Ill placed illusion.

As for the EU structure. It has been said many times on here that you do not fully understand the set up of the EU. It is still true to this day.

I am quite open to an explanation. The leader of the largest party becomes President, unless Merkel/Macron don't like them, so they appoint their own people. That's my misunderstanding of it.

So is Van Leyen one of the elected MEP's ? What is her manifesto?

You know Van Leyen is not a elected MEP. Isf she was should could not be nominated for the EU Presidency. But her EU party does have a manifesto.

The EU President is just a representative of the EU in Europe and across the world. Kind of a ambassador. All EU parties nominates a candidate for the Presidency. Then the MEP's cast their vote and the only with the most votes, above 52% is the winner.

Of course there is jockeying and it is no different to the process and subsequent jockeying that the tory party adopt. The shenanigan of Macron/Merkel are akin to the tory party whip.

You can point the finger at the EU democratic process but there are more pointing back at the UK's democracy in sheeps clothing

You know Van Leyen is not a elected MEP. Isf she was should could not be nominated for the EU Presidency. But her EU party does have a manifesto.

The EU President is just a representative of the EU in Europe and across the world. Kind of a ambassador. All EU parties nominates a candidate for the Presidency. Then the MEP's cast their vote and the only with the most votes, above 52% is the winner.

Of course there is jockeying and it is no different to the process and subsequent jockeying that the tory party adopt. The shenanigan of Macron/Merkel are akin to the tory party whip.

You can point the finger at the EU democratic process but there are more pointing back at the UK's democracy in sheeps clothing

I didn't know that Van Leyen wasn't an elected MEP. Are you telling me that if you are democratically elected you are invalidated from becoming President!!? The EU farce is even bigger than I thought it was.

I didn't know that Van Leyen wasn't an elected MEP. Are you telling me that if you are democratically elected you are invalidated from becoming President!!? The EU farce is even bigger than I thought it was.

As I said previously you have no clue.

Van Leyen position is purely functionary. She is the face of the EU. Her being nominated and then elected by MEP's. It is similar to how someone can hold a cabinet minister position without being a MP.

And I have explained several times why it can not be a post elected by the people. To reiterate, it would undermine the democracies of the constituent sovereign states, i.e. exactly what we are told by some is happening now, but isn't.

Anyway, what a boring festival of lies and tragedy we were treated to in the leadership 'debate' last night. That is a very clear demonstration of why Boris 's puppet masters have not let him talk on the telly.
One again he was not remotely forced into being accountable for his deceit and ineptitude. He, and many others, are still peddling this ludicrous unicorn of the gatt paragraph that they think gets them out of the sticky stuff. It certainly does not. It doesn't even apply to the situation we would be in.
At least, that's what the WTO say.
https://www.prospectmagazine.co.uk/...insiders-scathing-assessments-of-a-wto-brexit

Why oh why oh why are we forced to hear this crap time and time again with no fact checking?

And I have explained several times why it can not be a post elected by the people. To reiterate, it would undermine the democracies of the constituent sovereign states, i.e. exactly what we are told by some is happening now, but isn't.

So if an unelected person forces an EU army on us, a single federal state, and now they are working on taking our tax control off us , that's ok, but if a democratically elected person does it that undermines a nations democracy ! Does make me laugh that Major and Blair are kicking up a fuss, when they are the ones that have handed over control of immigration, VAT and numerous other things without any say from the UK people whatsoever.

Lienking, I suggest that if you don't believe the posters on here then you should look into the role of the President yourself. It really isn't like the US presidential role. Neither Juncker, nor his successor, could force anything on anyone.
Perhaps they should be entitled General Secretary instead.

Lienking, I suggest that if you don't believe the posters on here then you should look into the role of the President yourself. It really isn't like the US presidential role. Neither Juncker, nor his successor, could force anything on anyone.
Perhaps they should be entitled General Secretary instead.

Even if Lienking went away and looked up exactly what the role does/doesn't encompass it is doubtful anything would change. Lienking views on the EU are entrenched and won't let facts change anything.

Even if Lienking went away and looked up exactly what the role does/doesn't encompass it is doubtful anything would change. Lienking views on the EU are entrenched and won't let facts change anything.

Of course as we now know, most people see the EU from my perspective, and you have the minority view ! As I've said before I don't pretend to understand the workings of the EU, but as I have the time to read the Guardian and Telegraph views, watch Question Time and take an interest in politics, I guess I know more about it than 95% of the population. There are people you see on TV who don't know who David Cameron is, who vote Remain because they want to go on a foreign holiday etc.

The Common Market was a good idea, but the new EU leader just like the previous one, wants a Superstate with an EU army. They already think they have the powers to bring in uniform tax rates, without even getting any more powers.

We are getting a new leader of both the Commission and the Council, and they have appointed a lawyer to run the bank. The Commission comes up with the ideas (I believe the elected Parliament isn't allowed to.). The European Parliament can also be overruled by the unelected Commission. Unlike Ireland I have never got a chance to vote in an EU decision making referendum. Surely a democratic organisation should give everyone a democratic vote on things. Does make me laugh that some of the great believers in democracy moan at DC for even giving us a vote !

Why don't you spell out how you think it works, and what FACTS there are, rather than conjecture about what may or may not happen in the future?

Yes, my views are entrenched because I have 40 years experience of seeing what the EU has done, gradually eroding our power to run our own country. It's interesting that you think my view is entrenched, but presumably your view, ITTO etc aren't !

Yes, my views are entrenched because I have 40 years experience of seeing what the EU has done, gradually eroding our power to run our own country. It's interesting that you think my view is entrenched, but presumably your view, ITTO etc aren't !

There is nothing wrong with entrenched personal opinion/views on the EU as long as you do not let those views blurr the facts. I.e. how the EU is run, the role of the President, electing people into certain positions etc. Which you shown on many occasion.

How has the EU eroded the UK's power to run the country? I keep hearing this argument but never any evidence.

There is nothing wrong with entrenched personal opinion/views on the EU as long as you do not let those views blurr the facts. I.e. how the EU is run, the role of the President, electing people into certain positions etc. Which you shown on many occasion.

How has the EU eroded the UK's power to run the country? I keep hearing this argument but never any evidence.

You tell me what evidence I have ignored, because it's obvious you are just as blinkered!

No control over immigration.
No control over VAT.
Compliance with EU laws.
Our courts overruled by the European Courts.
Can't make trade deals
Can't implement our own import taxes.

You don't even have to start investigating to see what we can't control !