Bit of Brexit info required. | Page 241 | Vital Football

Bit of Brexit info required.

It's remain that have caused us to cancel the ferry contract though!
Ha ha. Yes, I suppose that's right, in a way!
Well, Remain AND the very many Leavers who acknowledge the horrible consequences of No Deal.

Wonder what the bill would have been if it had been enacted. Frightening!

Last edited:
Ha ha. Yes, I suppose that's right, in a way!
Well, Remain AND the very many Leavers who acknowledge the horrible consequences of No Deal.

Wonder what the bill would have been if it had been enacted. Frightening!

Ultimately a small price to pay when compared to the other losses being racked up by brexit

Good LE results so far, eh chaps?

Don't think we'll learn too much from the local elections. Clear that Labour seem to be carrying some of the Brexit can, as well as the Tories. Some areas didn't vote though, and other areas only had a choice of Con, Lib or Lab meaning there's not much choice for a protest vote.

Don't think we'll learn too much from the local elections. Clear that Labour seem to be carrying some of the Brexit can, as well as the Tories. Some areas didn't vote though, and other areas only had a choice of Con, Lib or Lab meaning there's not much choice for a protest vote.

Tories still lost 400 seats tho, Labour also lost. More choice will mean bigger loses for them in the euro elections

Labour's fence straddling exercise is costing them votes at both ends.

Backlash on the hard brexits from 'moderate' Tories likely.

Still think this all turns on what Labour do next

Well if last night is repeated in 3-4 weeks time will be another interesting twist.

May well be time up for both main party donkeys

Could give Tories/Labour a bigger incentive to ensure the MEP vote doesn't take place, though it's remarkable in a 52/48 vote that they will come up with something that nearly zero percent of the people will be happy with.

Tories still lost 400 seats tho, Labour also lost. More choice will mean bigger loses for them in the euro elections

Don't think I've learnt anything from the Tories losing seats! Must admit I expected them to go to Labour, so I'm more surprised they are losing seats too. Not done any studies, but most local areas seem to have Lib Dems standing too, but no UKIP, Brexit, Change etc candidates to muddy the waters, so no real alternatives for Leavers other than Independent in a few areas.

I see Boris lied again yesterday.
This time he was lying to say that he had voted Conservative even though there was no election where he lived. He really is a terrible, terrible liar.

Don't think I've learnt anything from the Tories losing seats! Must admit I expected them to go to Labour, so I'm more surprised they are losing seats too. Not done any studies, but most local areas seem to have Lib Dems standing too, but no UKIP, Brexit, Change etc candidates to muddy the waters, so no real alternatives for Leavers other than Independent in a few areas.
UKIP lost 54 councillors! They now have only 17 at the latest count.
So where there were options to vote for UKIP - who we all know have a consistent and strong message re the EU - virtually nobody did.
The Lib Dems have a strong and clear message too. They now have over 200% more councillors than before. :-)

UKIP lost 54 councillors! They now have only 17 at the latest count.
So where there were options to vote for UKIP - who we all know have a consistent and strong message re the EU - virtually nobody did.
The Lib Dems have a strong and clear message too. They now have over 200% more councillors than before. :-)

Yes, when you have a choice between the Tories (led by Remainers), Labour (Remainers pretending to be everything), and Libs (Remainers), people have voted for a Remain Party. UKIP are the new BNP, so it's hardly surprising they have gone down the pan. Will the Remainers from the Tories and Marxist parties manage to get us a BRINO in time to stop the far more interesting MEP vote ?

I had a choice between LIB/LAB and Cons. Was going to go down and spoil my vote, but couldn't be bothered in the end.

Just had a letter delivered by Royal Mail saying Vote Labour (in the council elections!). Postmarked 1st May. May have done better sending them out for delivery before the election ! Wonder how many second class 61p's they have wasted.

Yes, when you have a choice between the Tories (led by Remainers)
A clear and deliverable Leave policy.
Labour (Remainers pretending to be everything),
Still (unfortuntely) a party dedicated to leaving. (why don't you make the point that they are led by Leavers in the same way that the cons are apparently led by remainers [even though they aren't]?).
nd Libs (Remainers)
agree
people have voted for a Remain Party.
not really. there is only one party dedicated to remain in that list. The main two parties apparently want to honour the referendum result and leave. It is only a couple of months since you were claiming that the GE result meant that nearly everyone voted for a party that wanted to leave. Farage says that virtually every day.
I had a choice between LIB/LAB and Cons. Was going to go down and spoil my vote, but couldn't be bothered in the end.
Fair enough. That's your right. You'll have to wait another few weeks before you can vote for Nigel Farage.
Nothing screams democracy like voting for a party with no policies, run by an unelected leader, supported by undisclosed donations.