Birmingham/West Midlands | Vital Football

Birmingham/West Midlands

James06

Vital Football Legend
It shames me to say it but Birmingham has become a total hell hole, akin to something from the 3rd world. If it wasnt for my current work and the villa, I would happily never set foot in the place again.

Highlighted, not that it needed to be, by a 16 year old schoolgirl being stabbed to death on the bus to school. What the actual fuck is going on?!

It isn't as bad as London, but I get your drift James.

Society has been dragged down in general in the UK I feel by a mix of ethnics coming into this country steadily over many years... at least 50, plus the "do gooders" who say no to capitol punishment or corporal punishment. ie a deterent and a punishment to fit the crime.

It all too easy for the riff raff these days. They have DNA and all the modern things to catch the perpetrators but where the hell is the deterent?.......

What happens when this bloke goes to prison?

He gets allocated with a personal pychologist, who will give him fags and chat to him, he'll get privlages and an opportunity to get a trade, rehabilitate be introduced back into society.

What he should be is fed his own bollocks on a plate and then left to die, slowly in a slurry of his own piss and shit in a cold damp dark prison cell.

Yes when things like this mornings events happen it is depressing, but is Birmingham any different to any other city ?

Not so sure.

I would suggest that my drive to work, through (depending on my route) areas such as Sparkhill, Sparkbrook, Small heath, Alum Rock, Washwood Heath, Lozells, Nechells, Newtown, Witton, Perry Barr and Aston is perhaps the worst commute in the western world, let alone in the UK.

These areas are as bad as anything I have seen in the world, including visits to the States, India, the Far East and a lot of Europe

I wonder why those areas are so bad now when they certainly weren't back in the 60s. I wonder what it is that has changed them since then. :69:

Not just Brum to be honest and it has always been a violent world really.

Days like today are extremely sad though, for sure.

Jonah - 7/3/2013 13:00

I wonder why those areas are so bad now when they certainly weren't back in the 60s. I wonder what it is that has changed them since then. :69:

I know loads of people who survive on the bare minimum. That doesnt mean they have to behave like c**ts. I dont mean stabbing people to death either, I mean spitting, dropping litter, treating others with respect, maintaining your property and respecting others in your local area. General 'normal' behaviour.

Is that really to much to ask?

I had a guilty conscience last summer because I thought our garden was letting the street down and I hadnt got time to sort it, it was only a case of mowing the lawn and trimming the hedge! I'm hardly hyacinth bucket but I think that is just a normal way to feel.

James06 - 7/3/2013 12:50

I would suggest that my drive to work, through (depending on my route) areas such as Sparkhill, Sparkbrook, Small heath, Alum Rock, Washwood Heath, Lozells, Nechells, Newtown, Witton, Perry Barr and Aston is perhaps the worst commute in the western world, let alone in the UK.

These areas are as bad as anything I have seen in the world, including visits to the States, India, the Far East and a lot of Europe

Parts of Newcastle, parts of Liverpool, parts of Manchester, some dead rough places in most areas.

You're absolutely right fear it's not just Birmingham but all big cities where it's 'in your face.'

All over the country people are getting stabbed and shot, celebrities and religious leaders are in open paedophile rings, the police lie and create false cover ups for their benefits and short comings such as allowing our children to die at football matches. Immigrnats and prisoners enjoy a lifestyle and income that working class people can only dream of, our war heroes get treated like terrorists and our terrorists get treated like foreign diplomats. and to try and solve some of these problems the government sees fit to firstly hit the working class, then hit the unemployed with stupid additional taxes.

I am seriously considering a move myself now though (have been for about 3-4 months, not just since todays incident). I've fancied it for years but the missus hasnt, now though she is liking the idea too. Without wanting to sound like a snob - we are too good for this shithole!

Worrying really, I thought crime like this had gone away a fair bit recently but you've had the big issue people murdered a few weeks ago & now this. I love living here....

James06 - 7/3/2013 15:22

I am seriously considering a move myself now though (have been for about 3-4 months, not just since todays incident). I've fancied it for years but the missus hasnt, now though she is liking the idea too. Without wanting to sound like a snob - we are too good for this shithole!

Felt the same myself for years having lived in Sheldon and then Elmdon. The place was rapidly going down hill. No one cared about the area they lived in, chavs were taking over the place.
Eventually moved out 18 months ago, now in alcester...which is so much better. Proper community atmosphere, friendly pubs and on the doorstep of rural Warwickshire.

Move out James!

That's why I am glad we as a family got out of Birmingham in 1984 and have only got back for visitation rights and my beloved Villa.

I lived in Leeds for 9 months from September 2000-July 2001 until I got back to York. It was bad enough then and we were put in a so called average area. I couldn't wait to get us back to York. I cried the whole way home when we started coming back with relief.

I have always said there are 2 good things about B'ham today. That is Villa and the road out.

I wouldn't want to live in a big city again

Pride of Lions - 7/3/2013 12:24

It isn't as bad as London, but I get your drift James.

Society has been dragged down in general in the UK I feel by a mix of ethnics coming into this country steadily over many years... at least 50, plus the "do gooders" who say no to capitol punishment or corporal punishment. ie a deterent and a punishment to fit the crime.

It all too easy for the riff raff these days. They have DNA and all the modern things to catch the perpetrators but where the hell is the deterent?.......
Pride dude, i always find myself agreeing with your points you make on a variety of things and this is yet antoher absoulutley spot on well said!

chicovilla - 7/3/2013 16:23

James06 - 7/3/2013 15:22

Felt the same myself for years having lived in Sheldon and then Elmdon. The place was rapidly going down hill. No one cared about the area they lived in, chavs were taking over the place.
Eventually moved out 18 months ago, now in alcester...which is so much better. Proper community atmosphere, friendly pubs and on the doorstep of rural Warwickshire.

Move out James!

Plans are being made my friend. My missus can work anywhere, and I'm due for redundancy any minute, it's an ideal opportunity to move hopefully somewhere like you describe. Or at least change my commute so I can stay within Solihull or travelling outwards.