Birmingham/West Midlands | Page 2 | Vital Football

Birmingham/West Midlands

Interesting. I can't think of a city in the UK that I'd like to live in. Edinburgh is alright for a visit but it's too dark, cold and wet.

I'm starting to feel the same way about Kuala Lumpur. I want to move to the countryside but I realy don't fancy commuting here.

Chavs and thugs and drunks have taken over. Walk down Broad Street at night now and it is a war ground, but then so are most towns. I know back in the day (all generations) there would be the odd ruck etc, but seems far more now.

The beer is stronger and the youth less good at drinking maybe. I mean, most of them can't even figure out how to wear a belt, so what chance have they to figure anything else out?!?! :3:

Basic problem is the world has twice the population than it needs. Half of us buggered off, it would be much better.

I am the proudest Brummie you could meet. My voice sounds like Carl Chinn, people take the pee, I don't care I am proud of it.

However, I moved out of Brum 7 years ago. I now come up to visit family, go the Villa and sometimes go the Bull Ring (as there is bugger all here)

I am so so so glad I moved out, there is not a chance in this world I will ever move back. The opening post is correct, as is the post regarding the route to work. As I mentioned in the Disabled thread, it came out 2 yrs ago that Thatcher was going to turn Liverpool into a ghetto in the 80's, at the time we all laughed about it, but lets face it, that is exactly what is happening to Birmingham now.

Birmingham has lost its self respect, it is a ghetto of a million people.

I am ashamed to say, I cannot think of anything good to say about it anymore.

Sad times

randy.stand - 7/3/2013 15:42

I love living here....

Genuine question: why?

In my younger days I was always up town, a proud brummie I'd have defended the city and it's people to the hilt. Now I am ashamed of it, I disassociate myself with it, and I avoid it. So sell it back to me, what is there to like? What does it provide that other places can't? Why should we stay here?

Sorry Jim, that was my attempt at sarcasm. I don't really love living here. Think I already said at the end of this year when I've finished University ill be looking to move away.

There was a time when I never thought I'd leave Birmingham but this was back in a day when I was far too comfortable in my surroundings and had no balls to do anything. Now I feel I'm ready to spread my wings a bit. Moving out was the first part of that and despite not being far its helped me become really independent and now hoping to take next step and move away early next year. If there's one thing this Nursing course has given me it's a major lift in confidence, I'm a different person, I really am & I quite like it. So yeah, Birmingham is my home town. Its ok here, I've had a good bringing up, lived in Aston for the first 7 years of my life then was in Great Barr until last summer and then city centre. Majority of my family is here and obviously my friends but I don't feel a huge attachment to the region. When I do move away, I will be back here once or so a month I'd assume because of The Villa but not much more than that. It's not even about the crime that I want to move away, it's many factors all together.

One of my brothers lives in Holte Fleet (by Stourport).Whenever i get back to Brum after visiting him,I always think what a shithole I live in.
During the usual run of the mill week,it never crosses my mind,even working in Newtown.I just blindly accept it i suppose,but whenever we are spoilt by going to rural areas,i always come back thinking this place is the pits.
I can`t see me ever moving though.
The whole family,mates,in laws, kids` friends scenario just wouldn`t allow it.
If I ever could though :Acton Trussell would be a place I`d look at, in Staffordshire.
Or the south of france.I could definitely do the south of france for the rest of my life.

I love it - all my family and friends are here and I'd miss them.

But I knock about Hall Green, Shirley and the nearby countrysidey bits - middle of town is shite now.