Birmingham v Forest: Match Fred sponsored by Garry Monk's Missing Lips | Vital Football

Birmingham v Forest: Match Fred sponsored by Garry Monk's Missing Lips

AdebolaCornflakes

Vital Football Legend
We're on a roll chaps! One match Fred and one win. Let's all get into the FisHcake Friday Frenzy spirit and keep this bitch going!

Match:
Birmingham v Forest

Kick-off:
3:00pm

Season:
Over

Weather Forecast:
Highs of 4C in Birmingham tomorrow with some spells of sunshine. A cold breeze from the north could make it feel like 0C so please wrap up warm if you are going. If you are staying at home and listening to Fray like me then whack the heating up and stick the kettle on you part-time *****.

League Positions:
Forest: 9th
Birmingham: 12th

Form (last 5 league games):
Forest: L-W-L-L-W
Birmingham: D-D-L-L-D

Last Time Out:
Forest 3-1 Wigan
Swansea 3-3 Birmingham

Last League Meeting:
Forest 2-2 Birmingham, 25th August 2018

Injury/Suspension news:

Forest - Hefele and Dawson are out and it remains to be seen if Figz is ready to return yet. Darikwa is serving the last of his three-game ban and Colback the first of his two-game ban after stupidly picking up his 10th yellow card of the season against Wigan.

Birmingham - Left-back Kristian Pederson is suspended after being sent off in their game at Swansea on Tuesday. David Davis and Marc Roberts could be back after injuries

Pre-match ramble
Forest got their first win under Martin O'Neill last time out and despite some of the pant-wetting on here - first about the team announcement and then about the performance itself - it really wasn't as bad as some made out although there is considerable room for improvement. Most importantly the win should give the players a boost.

Forest did a bit of business yesterday bringing in Bonatini, Pele and Wague. It will be interesting to see whether any of them make it into the starting 11 but hopefully they don't as we can confidently write them all off as totally average before they've kicked a ball.

I predict that the only changes to the starting XI will be Yacob in for Colback, with the new boys all on the bench. Wague may come straight in to allow Robinson to move to LB but I suspect it will be a little early for him. Whatever the team, let's all look forward to the meltdown when it's announced at 2pm tomorrow.

Birmingham haven't won in their last 6 games in all competitions and played out a 3-3 draw with Swansea on Tuesday. They played the entire second half with 10-men and looked like winning it until conceding a 94th minute equaliser. Will they be knackered and downhearted after that, or buoyed by a good performance when being a man down?

I'm struggling to call this one. I don't think there will be many goals and it will be tight.

Prediction:
Birmingham 1-1 Forest

Despite a bid of 'reportedly' £20m - they managed to hang onto Che Adams.

Given that we won last time out, then MON may well just make the enforced change (Pele or Yacob for Colback) - although, I do prefer Robinson at LB, but perhaps too early to throw one of the new chaps in at CH?

Could be a pretty dour affair with just Murphy up front and Watson, Geddy & Yacob in a pretty pedestrian midfield.... Pele could perhaps have some impetus as a sub?

Then again, MON may shock us all.

Cracking thread chap..one of your best in fact.This is a tricky game as I thought we were lucky to get a draw at home.Che Adams will no doubt score.However I am confident we might sneak a draw again .COYR.