Birmingham City | Page 2 | Vital Football

Birmingham City

Yeah I am getting the impression that other than the relegated sides we are one of the few sides with money to spend and the ability to spend it.

Boro have bought a few players but I am expecting at least one big sale there.

Personally I think we're able to spend healthily this summer partly because we will probably sell one player for a decent amount. By my reckoning we've spent about £21m so far, so it stands to reason that one biggish sale must be on the horizon. Unless the ownership have other ideas ...

Personally I think we're able to spend healthily this summer partly because we will probably sell one player for a decent amount. By my reckoning we've spent about £21m so far, so it stands to reason that one biggish sale must be on the horizon. Unless the ownership have other ideas ...

It is not calculated like that; the transfer fee is spread over the length of the players contract.

6m for Grabban over a four years contract equals an FFP liability of 1.5m per season; assuming he is on around 25k per week adds on another 1.3m per season - total 2.8m

13.5m for Carvalho over 5 years equals 2.7m per season, plus a guestimated 20k per week equals 1.04m - total 3.74m per season.

Soudani will come in around 1.7m per season

The three big money signings come with just over 8m in FFP liabilities.

We obviously need to get rid of players to get the head count and wage bill down, but that does not mean having to sell one of the youngsters for big money; doesn't mean that we wont though, I suppose it depends on who Karanka wants to keep.

Things will change if we end up signing Vukcovic; that will just about take our liability up to 13m for the season which is obviously too much considering we are still making losses operationally.

Depends on the owner, as there are other factors other than FFP. Is he going to take a gamble to try and get us promoted, or is he going to sell Cash, Worrall and Brereton to get his money back. Guess there is only one person (or possibly a few) who knows. I believe it's the former, but to be honest I wouldn't be too sorry to see some youngsters go if we've spent wisely. Many a club has splashed out before selling loads of season tickets, only to sell the crown jewels afterwards!

It is not calculated like that; the transfer fee is spread over the length of the players contract.

6m for Grabban over a four years contract equals an FFP liability of 1.5m per season; assuming he is on around 25k per week adds on another 1.3m per season - total 2.8m

13.5m for Carvalho over 5 years equals 2.7m per season, plus a guestimated 20k per week equals 1.04m - total 3.74m per season.

Soudani will come in around 1.7m per season

The three big money signings come with just over 8m in FFP liabilities.

We obviously need to get rid of players to get the head count and wage bill down, but that does not mean having to sell one of the youngsters for big money; doesn't mean that we wont though, I suppose it depends on who Karanka wants to keep.

Things will change if we end up signing Vukcovic; that will just about take our liability up to 13m for the season which is obviously too much considering we are still making losses operationally.

Yes but we don’t know if EM wants a self sufficient club or one that will look to max out on the FFP rules. I’m assuming the former, but if not then yes I’m aware of hiw FFP works. But personally I’d prefer us not to be maxing out on the FFP route.

No, clubs can lose 39m over a rolling three year period which equates to 13m per season.

This is only allowed if 8m of that debt is absorbed by the owner; failing that the maximum a club can lose is 5m.