Birds and Wildlife in your garden | Page 7 | Vital Football

Birds and Wildlife in your garden

Not quite our garden, but just down the road the other day the Mrs saw a badger have an altercation with a car - and amazingly the car came off worse! It lost half a bumper, while the badger scampered off seemingly unscathed. They're made of stern stuff it seems.

Not in our garden but we saw one of these a couple of miles away on our drive home. Never seen one before. Also known as a Chinese Pheasant as that’s where they come from

Attachments

• 89FE4D75-492B-4C5B-9FCA-D00F157F7CA3.jpeg
    89FE4D75-492B-4C5B-9FCA-D00F157F7CA3.jpeg
    74.1 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Sorry to be boring but bar a pair of doves and a flash mob of starlings once in a while, all we ever seem get on the feeders is a colony of sparrows.

However I must admit I have secretly got quite attached to them (the sparrows). What they lack in colour or rarity, they more than make up for with their personality, mischief and energy. I have a new found appreciation for 'dull' birds.

Not quite our garden, but just down the road the other day the Mrs saw a badger have an altercation with a car - and amazingly the car came off worse! It lost half a bumper, while the badger scampered off seemingly unscathed. They're made of stern stuff it seems.
Wow that’s impressive but have been a Vauxhall or a Ford!

No birds but I've got some bloody rats. Fact of life I guess, as the rear garden backs onto a dyke and I've got woods to the front. Local council, county council and development management company are playing a long game of pass the parcel obviously.

Will have to bite the bullet and get someone in as they're not taking to my tempting morsels.

Last edited:
Oh yeah and I've got a very active mole. Cheeky sod even sticks his head up during the day. I haven't got the heart to terminate him.