Billy the Blade | Page 3 | Vital Football

Billy the Blade

R.I.P. Billy and commiserations to those who have lost their beloved dogs.

Some may say ‘it’s only a dog, nobody’s died’ but I think losing a pet can hit some people every bit as hard. We lost our golden retriever years ago, he was only 8 at the time and died of leukaemia and it hit us so hard we just couldn’t bring ourselves to replace him, still can’t. I’ve had a dog all my life up until then, he was like my third lad, he never left my side and fit as a fiddle, we thought he’d got years left in him

Fortunately we now get to look after this lovely little fella on a regular basis so I still get my dog fix now and again. He’s a JackaPoodleDandy :giggle:

FAF2E55B-44C7-4779-8D62-78E7E7299C0A.jpeg

So sorry for your loss CJJ - he was a handsome boy.

What a lovely set of pooches on this thread tho :giggle:.........I'm a cat lover - but don't own one - any Blades kitties out there?

What a lovely set of pooches on this thread tho :giggle:.........I'm a cat lover - but don't own one - any Blades kitties out there?
Cats are the spawn of Beelzebub Aya :dev: ... especially the dirty moggies that use our garden for a toilet.

I don’t blame the cats though, like everything it’s their owners. We have neighbours who’ve had cats for years and aren’t a bit of trouble because they train them right from the off, others seem to think it’s quite natural for theirs to wander mess mess on other people’s property.

We have a couple who’s house backs on to our back garden who have a massive ginger Tom. Professional people, she’s a teacher, nice enough but out all day and they let the cat roam free. A few years ago they noticed that I’d put cat scarers up and joked that the best way to stop cats messing in your garden it to get a cat. They never had any problems. I pointed out that I’d put the scarers up because we have grandkids who might come into contact with what their moggy does on our lawn and flower beds and it’s was just as dangerous as what dogs do. They just shrugged and said that because they were only home at weekends they couldn’t train it to use litter, so I asked them if that if that’s the case, I’m sure they won’t mind when we’re dog sitting we drop the pooch over their fence to do his biz? After all he’s only as big as your cat.

Talk about shock horror, nice as they are, I suspect that they’d be straight onto plod if they saw doggy doos in their own garden, but cat doos can’t be helped, they just don’t seem to get it and most cat owners around us seem to be the same with the exception of the one I mentioned. If the one behind us dies, they’ll be another along within days to take over toilet duties.

I'm not a Cat lover but i wunt hurt em.I recall in the surface Electricians shop/dept at our pit they had a cat called Queenie,she was fed by the sparkies and looked after cos she kept the mice/rats away,anyway durin the year long strike some EVIL BASTARDS thought it was funny to lock her in a room wi 3dogs(allegedly) who killed her,as far as i know no one ever got done for it.UTCB

Last edited:
Don’t hate cats wouldn’t wish them any harm I just prefer dogs absolute devotion to you dogs,cats will go where ever I know of numerous ones that go to 2 or 3houses for food

Last edited:

We got a Cat as well Aya ,Daizy,named after the nightclub we met in.

Cats are the spawn of Beelzebub Aya :dev: ... especially the dirty moggies that use our garden for a toilet.

I don’t blame the cats though, like everything it’s their owners. We have neighbours who’ve had cats for years and aren’t a bit of trouble because they train them right from the off, others seem to think it’s quite natural for theirs to wander mess mess on other people’s property.

We have a couple who’s house backs on to our back garden who have a massive ginger Tom. Professional people, she’s a teacher, nice enough but out all day and they let the cat roam free. A few years ago they noticed that I’d put cat scarers up and joked that the best way to stop cats messing in your garden it to get a cat. They never had any problems. I pointed out that I’d put the scarers up because we have grandkids who might come into contact with what their moggy does on our lawn and flower beds and it’s was just as dangerous as what dogs do. They just shrugged and said that because they were only home at weekends they couldn’t train it to use litter, so I asked them if that if that’s the case, I’m sure they won’t mind when we’re dog sitting we drop the pooch over their fence to do his biz? After all he’s only as big as your cat.

Talk about shock horror, nice as they are, I suspect that they’d be straight onto plod if they saw doggy doos in their own garden, but cat doos can’t be helped, they just don’t seem to get it and most cat owners around us seem to be the same with the exception of the one I mentioned. If the one behind us dies, they’ll be another along within days to take over toilet duties.

I sympathise Gray - but at least cats have the decency to try and bury it :poop:

The cat owners should be made to have their cats on a lead and when they have a crap pick it up like dog owners have to. I’ll not mention the number of young birds they kill in the spring. Trained assassins?

My brother and myself went to the top of gangway D at half time looking for you. We got queer looks when we kept looking at fans legs:LOL::LOL:
Trust me Charlie you're better off not seein Bully's mangy legs(They're nearly as ugly as his face):yes::giggle: that said it's a very good tat,but dem legs Oh dearie me. :LOL: UTCB

I sympathise Gray - but at least cats have the decency to try and bury it :poop:
Not often with this moggy Aya and most others in my experience, but to be honest, it only made it worse when they try to hide it. At least we can see where theyve been.

The cat scarers and occasional repellent spray seem to do the job, but I do resent paying paying out my hard earned cash to solve somebody else’s problem. No point in falling out with anybody over it though cus like I said, there’s always another puss to fill this ones boots. :grinning: