Billericay | Vital Football

Billericay

Gaz_Imp

Vital Football Hero
https://staceywest.net/2017/06/03/ambitious-billericay-spending-big-are-they-targeting-an-imp/

After one of our players?

I'd guess Marriot, scored a lot around that level.

You'd have to guess Marriott? I suppose Power is a possibility. 2k will be well more than double whatever we've offered our out of contract guys I would say...

I hope it all goes spectacularly tits up there.

How low down the pyramid are this bunch of chancers?
So the option is lots of loot or a chance to play league football :mmmm:

Ryman League aren't they? Bound to end in tears but if that mug wants to chuck all his money away on players who'll only be half interested, good luck to him.

Reminded me of the late Ian Dury's song:

Good evening i'm from Essex
in case you couldn't tell
my given name is Dickie, I come from Billericay
and I'm doing very well

had a love affair with Nina
in the back of my Cortina
a seasoned up hyena could not have been more obscener
she took me to the cleaners
and other misdemeanors
but I got right up between her
rum in her Ribena

well, you ask Joyce and Vicki
if candy-floss is sticky
I'm not a blinking thicky
I'm Billericay Dickie
and i'm doing very well

The overall fact is they're a small Essex club that will always struggle to attract a decent size fanbase. Most people in the town will have been brought up in the West ham, Aresenal, Spurs or other London clubs supoort area, some supporting Southend also. billericay is a relatively small town population about 28,000. Unsure what their current support is but I'd guess no bigger than Braintrees?

There used to be someone on this board "BillericayDickie" haven't seen him post for a while?

Yep, Essex is full of Eastenders who sold up and moved out to the country. They still very much consider themselves to be Eastenders though, and are pretty loyal West ham fans in general, with a smattering of Spurs and Arsenal, plus a few Orient supporters. With West Ham having moved to a huge stadium they can barely fill (and practically giving tickets away), plus Spurs soon moving to a bigger stadium, I can't see where their support will come from. Plus Glenn Tamplin is a berk. I would suggest watching some of the videos on Youtube and Twitter, but it;s painful. Shows you don't need brains to make money though...

Tamplin crying about Concord is quite funny too, Concord's chairman tweeted this:

“Spent less than £2,500 a week getting out of the Ryman Premier League #justsaying.”

I guess that was with our Danny at the helm. Billericay are spending that a week on one player. Tamplin has promptly cancelled their upcoming friendly with Concord having taken offence at 'personal' attacks...

Just leaving this here:
http://www.essexlive.news/billericay-town-s-glenn-tamplin-discusses-his-favourite-room-at-his-stunning-18m-abridge-mansion/story-30332950-detail/story.html

LincolnImp1984 - 6/6/2017 11:57

Just leaving this here:
http://www.essexlive.news/billericay-town-s-glenn-tamplin-discusses-his-favourite-room-at-his-stunning-18m-abridge-mansion/story-30332950-detail/story.html

Wouldn't you think all that money he could have afforded matching upholstery on his dining chairs. :pointy: :pointy: :pointy: :pointy:

Non League clubs clubs in the London Area always suffer from those in the Football league. With the quick transport links into London it's easy. Bromley ,for example, one can be at Premiership clubs within 45 mins of leaving. Hence the low attendances at these clubs. I used to go to Millwall one week and Bromley the next of it worked out like that.
As for 'ricay , up to them what they do . Good luck to them