Billericay bound? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Billericay bound?

Matt Jarvis left us at 21 in the June of 2007. Jarvis made his debut for us at 17 and by the time he left at 21 he'd made 110 appearances scoring 12 goals.

List, who at 21 has made 26 appearances in the last 3 seasons, hasn't scored.

So List and Jarvis are not comparable in the slightest.
Hang on - I wasn't comparing ability, just the fact they're similar type of players who play in the same position and the difference in how they've been able to progress. I don't know if List could reach the levels Jarvis has because he hasn't had the same opportunities Jarvis did. Personally I don't think he's as talented but I do think he could perform better given a fair crack of the whip.

List was on the wing at Oldham and the world was his lobster but Eaves was more effective in that position on the day. It's also a winger's job to harry the opposing fullback which he didn't really do. If it were me, I'd be doing everything possible to make sure I was in the first eleven for the next match. That doesn't seem to be Lit's way.

You have highlighted one of the problems Wayne, Eaves's failure to play as a centre forward. Lovell has repeatedly stated that he doesn't want him drifting wide but wants him to do his stuff where it will have the most effect. All the time he gallops out wide he gets cheers for battling and getting forward but he blocks off the wide players and makes it easier for the other side.

I've always said that Eaves doesn't capitalise on his strengths and sit on the opposition centre half but it happened because List is so ineffective. Last season at Bradford, List was clean through several times and, on each occasion was pushed off the ball [easily] or ran into a blind alley instead of heading straight for the opposition goal. At our level, if you're going to shine then it really should be too difficult.

I've always said that Eaves doesn't capitalise on his strengths and sit on the opposition centre half but it happened because List is so ineffective.

A quick scan through Socccerbase reveals Eaves and List have only been on the pitch together in 11 matches for a combined time of 316 minutes or about three and a half matches. List must be really ineffective if he is causing Eaves to stray wide in the other 40 odd matches worth of pitch time when he isn't even playing.

Hang on - I wasn't comparing ability, just the fact they're similar type of players who play in the same position and the difference in how they've been able to progress. I don't know if List could reach the levels Jarvis has because he hasn't had the same opportunities Jarvis did.

But you should compare ability as that is the reason why Jarvis broke through at a young age and List is taking longer. Jarvis was someone you always expected to reach the Premer League but List if he fullfills his potential will probably spend his career in league one at best. You could play List on the wing for every match but he won't play for England.

List won a penalty away at Watford once. Is there anything else of note he's done in his time here?

A quick scan through Socccerbase reveals Eaves and List have only been on the pitch together in 11 matches for a combined time of 316 minutes or about three and a half matches. List must be really ineffective if he is causing Eaves to stray wide in the other 40 odd matches worth of pitch time when he isn't even playing.

But I was responding to Wayne's specific reference to their performances at Oldham. The fact that Eaves tends to play wide, which has been noted by the manager, was relevant to what went on in that game.

But I was responding to Wayne's specific reference to their performances at Oldham. The fact that Eaves tends to play wide, which has been noted by the manager, was relevant to what went on in that game.

And I was responding to Wayne's comment where he seemed to imply Eaves's habit of going wide was somehow List's fault for being inefficient.

Bastard that after coming on he managed to crank past the defender and score! I don't think that Cody could have achieved what List did.