Biggest Ground in the East Midlands | Vital Football

Biggest Ground in the East Midlands

Apollyon

Vital Football Legend
52762377_1592098927600715_2060559561537880064_n.jpg

Work starts in Summer 2020 and the lease is being extended.

League one standard at best. Too small and white for my liking

Well, this took me by surprise. Didn't think it could be done. Pictures look great.

More important than the MS will be the refurbishment elsewhere, if that includes better corporate facilities. Looks like there are some buildings in the corners etc

Very ambitious. A long way off yet too, and given how many times Broadmarsh has meant to be rebuilt over the last 20 years I'll not count chickens until building work starts

Very exciting news though and potentially massive for the club

Last edited:
Well, this took me by surprise. Didn't think it could be done. Pictures look great.

More important than the MS will be the refurbishment elsewhere, if that includes better corporate facilities. Looks like there are some buildings in the corners etc

Very ambitious. A long way off yet too, and given how many times Broadmarsh has meant to be rebuilt over the last 20 years I'll not count chickens until building work starts

Very exciting news though and potentially massive for the club

Unlike Broadmarsh, lets hope they don't contract Satan as the architect.

Wow where did that news come from?! I didnt think we could expand due to blocking light from the surrounding houses. The atmosphere on Monday with an extra 8k people there would be amazing, not sure we would fill it that often without getting promotion though!

Really pleased to be staying Trentside. It's iconic and means something. Stadiums in the middle of housing estates moving - who cares? Being in the middle of one is no different to being in the middle of another. Relocating the City Ground would have been a real shame. Just, I'd hope they drop the "New" from the stadium name! It'll still be The City Ground.

They will come!
Get the pricing right and they will come,

I was at the Scouse game Boxing Day in 78 with 47k packed into the old girl!
Then 44k for Everton on New Years Day .

Leicester and sheep both saw increase in attendance when moving into their new grounds, whilst not a completely new ground for us, I think with the right Marketing plan we will see the same effect.

The statement from Marinakis says he wants to consult with supporters before making a formal planning application. Would it already be agreed in principle or could this be a problem?

Wow where did that news come from?! I didnt think we could expand due to blocking light from the surrounding houses. The atmosphere on Monday with an extra 8k people there would be amazing, not sure we would fill it that often without getting promotion though!

Adebolacornflakes broke this last August so it came as no surprise to those in his PM loop.

Its not the first time some of have seen this image but he asked us to keep it hushed. The last thing he needs is exposing and pseuds like James Nursey fingering him .

Really pleased to be staying Trentside. It's iconic and means something. Stadiums in the middle of housing estates moving - who cares? Being in the middle of one is no different to being in the middle of another. Relocating the City Ground would have been a real shame. Just, I'd hope they drop the "New" from the stadium name! It'll still be The City Ground.

It’s also nice that the design is by a local architect and a life long Forest Fan.

With all the work done at Trent Bridge, and the proposed rugby stadium at Ladybay, it’s good time on Trentside.

If this actually happens, it will be the first positive thing to happen to the football club this millennium. (no getting promoted from League One doesn't count)

The statement from Marinakis says he wants to consult with supporters before making a formal planning application. Would it already be agreed in principle or could this be a problem?
They will have had extensive conversation with planning departments and probably have outline permissions in place, pending public consultations and amendments before submitting a full application. The investment that will have gone into this so far, the extended lease, etc would not have been entered into without assurances that planning just needs a rubber stamp.

It looks pretty impressive!

I doubt that 38k will be big enough if we do manage to establish ourselves in the PL; I suppose the infrastructure of the area will not cope with any more.

Interesting that this was the first pop up ad to appear on the thread:

Can you spot an investment scam?

Scammers will often make their investments look like genuine opportunities. Be a ScamSmart investor, check the FCA Warning List here.