Big Steve | Page 7 | Vital Football

Big Steve

Is that a whoosh Det? Aren't you the other boycotter? Or am I being double whooshed?
I am a boycotter and no, I didn't go Sunday as I'm not a fcking hypocrite (I watched Ladbrokes live stream as I also won't pay for Sky Sports or BT Sports to fund the premiershit).

With regards to my stance the jury is still out as far as I'm concerned. Reports are positive on his behaviour which is my problem with him. Still too early for me to change my mind but people I know who go have told me how things are looking both on the pitch and in the technical area, if the continue in the same vein then I'll have to reconsider.

I won't pretend he hasn't been a bad boy in the past, but I was reading about him being sent to the stands at Peterborough.
Up to his old tricks, what else do people expect from him, he's just a nasty piece of work, Well no! he stepped outside the technical area.

Most professional sports people are ultra competitive types, that's the point surely. On a graph plotting nice guy status against success I'd guess Evans is within average distribution. Many on here have waxed lyrical about Pulis and Martin Allen. I saw a good bit of Allen at the training ground and on the touchline. I could make a case for Evans being nicer than him. Pulis was a prize A hole and would have been happy to see us stuffed in order to stuff his own pockets.

I wasn't thrilled by the appointment of Evans but if it's nice guys you want then I will give you Basil Hayward, Sir Keith and Steve Lovell in my time. Taylor was a nice guy but showed a nasty side a time or two and at the end. None of them won a sausage but I'd happily forgo ultimate success to watch the Keith Peacock football style.

It's just my opinion but it comes across pathetic people are even considering boycotting every game because Evans is a nasty man.
I've previously stated why I'm not supporting Evan's appointment. It's a bit more than him being a nasty man but then I guess you're the sort of person who thinks it's OK to be abusive to others just for doing their jobs. Fuck everyone else so long as my team is winning eh.