Big Sammy Ameobi | Page 2 | Vital Football

Big Sammy Ameobi

Give it a rest, both of you!

Thread is about Sammy, scored twice for us tonight and kept us on course.

I didn’t bring it up and at least Pope doesn't make things up about opposition managers and then when given his actual quotes completely ignore the post lol

Interesting comments from Sabri post game, saying Sammy needs to have more belief in his own ability. I’d say he’s been the signing of the last 2 decades in terms of the impact he has had versus money cost. I know he can be frustrating but let’s face it, if he was consistently as good as he was last night he wouldn’t be playing for us. He single handedly changed that game, we were getting absolutely shredded down the right hand side until he switched flanks with Da Costa after 15 mins. Sammy to score the winner in the the playoff final - you heard it here first :grinning:

I posted the other day that I'd prefer Osborn over Ameobi any day.

:stupid:

Two totally different footballers though. In fact I've not seen many players like Ameobi. He has such a languid style. He's like a shit Tino Asprilla. Bday

"Shit Tino Asprilla."

Lol those were exactly the words I used to describe him in a chat with a mate last night.

He's certainly an enigma and he can be frustratingly unpredictable, but when we signed him - I said he would be a great addition to the squad.

I think Nuno De Costa has also started to show promise!

Absolutely. Still adapting to the rough and tumble of the Championship but will be a real asset next season I’m sure. Strangely enough if we do shithouse our way into the Prem he might actually be better suited to the less robust nature of that league.

But there is a lot of well thought out, advanced tactics involved - it gets on my nerves when outsiders just look at our possession, shots and xG stats and say we aren't performing well enough to challenge the top two. We are performing very well.

We are nowhere near good enough to challenge top 2. Every club in the top 6 has scored more and conceded less. Weve probably played well for a full 95mins three times all season