Big Match with our Brian. | Vital Football

Big Match with our Brian.

That was sublime - cheers Nobby.

Bloody Gills always lose on televised games. Chap called Keith Peacock scored the winner for Charlton - must check Wiki to see what happened to him.

Reading the advertising hoardings did you know you can rent a colour TV now. All that hair everywhere - loved every minute of it.

Bloody Gills always lose on televised games. Chap called Keith Peacock scored the winner for Charlton - must check Wiki to see what happened to him.

Reading the advertising hoardings did you know you can rent a colour TV now. All that hair everywhere - loved every minute of it.

I missed it , was that the game with Derek Hales playing ?

I missed it , was that the game with Derek Hales playing ?
Its on youtube if you want to see the highlights as they were shown (without the rest of the show). I've put the link below.
I only mentioned the programme as I used to love it (and Brian Moore) as a kid and it was nice to see The Gills as a "featured fixture".
Anyone else think Bootsie's tackle on Powell at the beginning would be a nailed on pen in the PL today?

Its on youtube if you want to see the highlights as they were shown (without the rest of the show). I've put the link below.
I only mentioned the programme as I used to love it (and Brian Moore) as a kid and it was nice to see The Gills as a "featured fixture".
Anyone else think Bootsie's tackle on Powell at the beginning would be a nailed on pen in the PL today?

Thanks Nobby, Thoroughly enjoyed seeing all the old faces & a straightforward program without all the bullshit we have to suffer these days!

Watched this on the telly on Tuesday and again last night.

Tuesday's programme featured Southampton v Fulham and included, as well as a George best sending off, Dave Peach providing a cross from the left that was headed in by someone or other (can't remember!).

Last night it was Charlton v Hull. Charlton won 3-1 thanks to a Derek Hales hat-trick. Sir Keef also in the Charlton team that day.

watched the first national five asides in prob late sixties. Remember Meredith playing and we went all the way but knocked out by charlton - goal Peacock.

Saw a rerun from 1980 with Steve Lovell playing for Palace (in midfield) alongside Mike Flanagan, and Terry Cochrane and Dave Shserer playing for Middlesbrough. Shaky scored of course

Iirc Bootsie somewhat at fault for Sir Keefs winner. Shot went in, hit the bar, Sir K followed up bit Bootsie didn't, so free header for Sir K.

This from watching on ITV catch up (has several Big Match series on) a few months ago, so I may be wrong.

Iirc Bootsie somewhat at fault for Sir Keefs winner. Shot went in, hit the bar, Sir K followed up bit Bootsie didn't, so free header for Sir K.

This from watching on ITV catch up (has several Big Match series on) a few months ago, so I may be wrong.
Some contact but a dive to exaggerate it too.