Bielsa | Vital Football

Bielsa

1972Glory

Vital Squad Member
Just listened to the post match chat ( always painful through an interpreter), seems intent on taking full responsibility for the performance basically stating that the team put in a shift and he could not fault them, not even that clown between the posts! and it falls on his shoulders. He stated that he has the solution to turn the negative into a positive but wouldn't be drawn on what that exactly is. He strongly maintains that our players were far superior in skill levels than the opponents and that the top 8 teams in the championship have gone through ups and downs and come out the other side as will we.

Its difficult to see where the next win is coming from at the moment. We play Brentford away on Tuesday and I can only see pain coming from that, unless this new masterplan works.

We will see what he can do. Bizarrely I'm expecting to see us win on Tuesday which will be the momentum changer needed to push for automatic.

I thought beilsa comment on our players being more skillfull ,quite brave ,did he mean overall or just yesterday ,because at the moment we would struggle to get the bulk of our players in their team,,,!,

I thought beilsa comment on our players being more skillfull ,quite brave ,did he mean overall or just yesterday ,because at the moment we would struggle to get the bulk of our players in their team,,,!,
He seemed to be referring to the Forest team.

I don’t think we’ll get owt tonight regardless of any changes we might make ,so I hope beilsa doesn’t change much and see how it goes ,then if we don’t get owt ,make the changes on Saturday and that’s when we restart our season 2 home games 2 wins and we’re flying ,,tonight’s game is important but it’s not going to define our season,, but if we could sneak the points 🤞🤞🤞

That was better and the main difference was KB. He will be in the Premier League next season. I just hope it is playing for us.

As for our goalkeeper all I can say is credit to our support for keeping on singing.

Thought we outclassed em ,and nice to see us batttle ,,Kiko what can you say, surely he needs to take a break

Phillips was indeed the star man, however it appears that he is only 3 bookings away from another automatic suspension, so I can see opponents winding him up or diving to get a booking, he needs to get his cool but it may make him a less productive player.

As regards the clown between the posts, clearly Bielsa is not going to drop his highest earner, so I guess we suck it and see.

On a more positive, I expected nothing from the game and felt disappointed that we didnt get the three points. Maybe the chavs from South East London will do us a favour tonight!

They got a draw with the most obvious offside goal I have seen for a long time and then missed a penalty but a draw was a good result.

A couple of interesting stats on Bielsa since taking over the job.

The team have played 78 games under Bielsa and :-

1) Have never been out of the top 6;
2) Have only been out of the top 2 on 15 occasions!.

Apparently there were some "fans" on Talksport spouting off about maybe getting Big Sam in as a replacement, I think the stats evidence that the guy knows what he is doing so although I don't necessarily agree about playing Kiko in goal, he has my full support.

There are three Leeds players on 7 bookings. Phillips, Dallas and Klich. There are 9 more games before the cut off.