Bielsa, the man with the Golden Heart? | Vital Football

Bielsa, the man with the Golden Heart?

Whiteknight

Vital Reserves Team
By making Leeds concede to Aston Villa, Bielsa had effectively put its mathematical chance for promotion in tatters.
As long as the referee's whistle is not blown, Leeds is not oblige to stop play once the opponent's player is down. Leeds is clearly entitled to go for goal.
One could sympathize with Jannson, Klitch and Taylor as they are professional and a clean sheet, a goal and a win matters much to them.
It's these that give them the cutting edge and it seems Bielsa is himself losing it.
Bielsa, by adopting a high moral ground, may have unwittingly cause further damage should West Brom win and Leeds fail to win next.

If anything, there should be a law change to stop play once a player is on the ground.

Last edited:
I’m old enough to remember to remember old school, hard and mostly fair football. Modern day it seems that anything is acceptable to gain an advantage. From my perch high in East Stand whether it was dirty Leeds but the.Villa players did seem to be going down a lot. I’m all for play to the whistle but in that one brief moment when Roberts paused and everyone stopped waiting for him to kick it out, his ensuing pass to Klich was not sportsmanlike. I don’t want to win games like that and for me giving the goal back was playing the game in the right spirit.

I have seen better pub teams than Ipswich. You could get a better 11 out of the TVW with Simon in goal. We will win our last game.