Bidwell Interests QPR? | Vital Football

Bidwell Interests QPR?

VitalFootballAdmin

Vital Squad Member
Staff member
It's being reported this week that skipper and former Everton full back Jake Bidwell has attracted interest from Queens Park Rangers.

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?447844">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

Not to QPR please. If he goes i'll be sad but will wish him well, been great for us but can be replaced. Just not to Rangers!

Seems he wants to go and if he is settled in the area the Ra Ra's might be a good place for him I guess. he won't share our dislike of them. Massive debts and breaking FFP rules still hanging over them yet they still seem to be big spenders.

He may not Kent but MB might, I don't claim it's right to have my viewpoint but I feel strongly that we should not be selling to QPR. At least not when in the same division.

Spot on Rebel. Anyone would be preferable to the RaRas!
It also proves what nonsense the parachute payments are. We finished above them, have better prospects BUT can't afford to pay him as much as them.

If the price is right MB will sell , lets hope he adds on another £1m at least if it is to W12.

Don't doubt you are right mate, but still a no from me.

Make it £5M on top plus Hoylett and then maybe....

JB is young, he is Club Captain, he is talking about next season, and his game is developing well with us. They have short careers but it isn't always just about money, and to be honest Ra Ras isn't exactly a step up is it?

There are only two reasons to countenance a move like this [i.e. sideways with no geographical change]. One: he feels he's not wanted here - as captain with no obvious replacement in the squad, that clearly isn't the reason. Two - Money.

Of course it might be both - he feels unwanted because we are offering him a new contract on rubbish money.

Think Ian Paisley shouting "never, never" all those years ago - that's how I feel about JB joining the hoops.

BUT, in the end it'll all be about the money, for BFC and for him. The fee would need to be pretty lumpy to justify it though, with 50% going to Everton.

Seems the asking price is cooling their interest anyway according to GWL. They say we value him at ?3M which makes perfect sense given his sell on - and value in the market.

Don't worry Doobee the Hoilett thing was a bit tongue in cheek to see if anyone was reading.