Bham Gay Pride 2013 | Vital Football

Bham Gay Pride 2013

James06

Vital Football Legend
Has everyone got their make-up and costumes ready for this years big event?

I was thinking of borrowing one of Elton's edwardian lady costumes but they come up a bit short and I couldnt hire a van at such short notice so I think I'm just gonna go in my hot pants, furry boots and a crop top or tankini.

See you there boys! :34:

Seriously, don't knock it.

Me and the family were going to come up to Brum tomorrow for it, but I have a wedding now.

It is a great day out, everyone having fun, not an ounce of trouble.

Days like this should be celebrated, by one and all. Gay Pride has done heaps to break down prejudices in this country, long may it continue.

Joking aside, I actually dont agree with it at all.

If you want to break down prejudices, be treated like everyone else, not face discrimination etc... then do you think riding up and down a busy city centre street on the back of a milk float, in a bikini, waving a rainbow flag is the way to go about it?

I'm not so sure.

I will be in town on Saturday with my son, and I will be avoiding this event at all cost.

I know literally loads of gays, infact my best friends are gays, and they agree with me. They see it as tacky and degrading. It's generally the dirty grindr gays that attend these events from what they tell me.

You could say the same about anything though James.

Ireland don't like stereotype , but 100k go down Digbeth every year, drink tons of Guinness whilst dressing like Leprichauns

Same with the Handsworth Carnival (or what-ever politically correct thing they call it now).

Don't read too much into it, its a chance for a party, and there aren't enough of them nowadays.

I don't agree they should have a day however I'm sure if the straighties wanted a weekend to celebrate they could.

I used to go every year as I have gay mates and family and it's a great weekend that's spent very drunk.

Jim seeing as Don is up this weekend as well shall we not try and do a re run of the wheel chair and the no legged bloke from missing ????

I remember once in the 1990's I accidentally found myself in a gay club in Camden. Turned out to be one of the best evenings out I ever had! :D Gays are the best party people, FACT.

Your argument just won't wash James, the Gay Pride parades all over the world are hugely enjoyable for all the family, genders and sexualities - except of course for those whose own sexuality is insecure.

Utter rubbish Saurat. Nothing to do with sexuality being insecure. Trolling comment. It's about personal preference.

Saurat - 24/5/2013 15:33

I remember once in the 1990's I accidentally found myself in a gay club in Camden. Turned out to be one of the best evenings out I ever had! :D Gays are the best party people, FACT.

Your argument just won't wash James, the Gay Pride parades all over the world are hugely enjoyable for all the family, genders and sexualities - except of course for those whose own sexuality is insecure.

I take issue with your last statement Saurat, I just don't like to watch two men kissing and being sexually overt in public, for that matter I don't like watching ugly people kissing either and unlike many I am completely indifferent to watching two women kissing. It has nothing to do with my own sexuality, just personal taste.

I'm with James.

I have a couple of gay mates and they hate the really camp ones. They reckon they put it on for attention.

You'd be arrested for swinging off a trailer in a g-string in any other circumstance.

I dont understand why anyone would describe themselves as gay.

Sexual preference is personal and should not be used as a definition of a life.

Just like being a virgo, or an uncle, or a brunette, its not something that anyone gives a shit about so do what you please but keep it to yourself.

Its not something you are, its something you do.

How about I call myself a 'ballgagwhipper' and we have a parade for all those people that dont like men, or women, but only have sex blindfolded with a ballgag and whip in hand.

its an irrelevance and puts up the barrier that im assuming this kind of parade is supposed to be trying to break down.

Where does personal preference morph into personal prejudice? Of course not all gays are camp mincing stereotypes but the Pride marches are basically a force for good.

And as for BB's "You'd be arrested for swinging off a trailer in a g-string in any other circumstance." Saturday night in Brum city centre has obviously calmed down a lot since my day.

Looking at some of the comments on here, plus the fact that this thread was even started, only confirms that Gay Pride is completely justified and necessary if society is to ever move on from petty prejudice on this subject.

I disagree MG4P, If i want to stop people from discriminating against me because I like to be gagged and whipped, then the last thing I woud think would help would be to have a parade about it.

I would just get on with it and not demanding that everyone accept that i like ball gags and whips.

the more you ram it down peoples throats, no pun intended, the more of an issue you make of it and the more division you cause.

Theres a difference between being proud of something and constantly telling people you are proud of it. The first is admirable, the second is just plain annoying.

Well I enjoy it as and I don't care if two blokes kiss in front of me, I look away and try and find two girls kissing instead.

a lot of straight people go too and although there are some playing up to the stereotype it's fun, on the whole.

;)

"I don't mind where people make love, so long as they don't do it in the street and frighten the horses."
I think therefore that GP parades are a threat to equine harmony.

What about the muslims who are deeply offended by it and are very anti-homosexuality? Do you not think it is offensive to them to have these things happening on their city streets.