Bham Gay Pride 2013 | Page 2 | Vital Football

Bham Gay Pride 2013

RosettaStoned - 24/5/2013 15:17

I disagree MG4P, If i want to stop people from discriminating against me because I like to be gagged and whipped, then the last thing I woud think would help would be to have a parade about it.

I would just get on with it and not demanding that everyone accept that i like ball gags and whips.

the more you ram it down peoples throats, no pun intended, the more of an issue you make of it and the more division you cause.

Theres a difference between being proud of something and constantly telling people you are proud of it. The first is admirable, the second is just plain annoying.

You are comparing a sexual fetish with sexuality - they are not the same thing.

The fact that in 2013 people still regard people who are gay and show that fact as 'ramming it down peoples throats' is ridiculous. What is 'it' that they're ramming down peoples throats? (insert cock joke here!)

I know people who, if they saw to blokes holding hands, would comment along the lines of "I don't mind them, but do they have to ram it down our throats like that?" Gay Pride is like two men holding hands in public - only done in a gloriously over the top fashion that celebrates Gay Culture. Where's the harm in that?

With what we see on the news every day I think the more public displays of humanity and love the better.

bananas and cucumbers used to be more bent than they are now.

I hope that contribution moves the debate on a little.

The Fear - 24/5/2013 15:53

bananas and cucumbers used to be more bent than they are now.

I hope that contribution moves the debate on a little.

Oh dear you'll start Prep off now.

McGrath4Pope - 24/5/2013 15:36

I disagree MG4P, If i want to stop people from discriminating against me because I like to be gagged and whipped, then the last thing I woud think would help would be to have a parade about it.

I would just get on with it and not demanding that everyone accept that i like ball gags and whips.

the more you ram it down peoples throats, no pun intended, the more of an issue you make of it and the more division you cause.

Theres a difference between being proud of something and constantly telling people you are proud of it. The first is admirable, the second is just plain annoying.

You are comparing a sexual fetish with sexuality - they are not the same thing.

The fact that in 2013 people still regard people who are gay and show that fact as 'ramming it down peoples throats' is ridiculous. What is 'it' that they're ramming down peoples throats? (insert cock joke here!)

I know people who, if they saw to blokes holding hands, would comment along the lines of "I don't mind them, but do they have to ram it down our throats like that?" Gay Pride is like two men holding hands in public - only done in a gloriously over the top fashion that celebrates Gay Culture. Where's the harm in that?

With what we see on the news every day I think the more public displays of humanity and love the better.

I think you misinterpreted my 'ramming down throats' comment.

Before I go any further, Im very pro gay, i love the cock.

However being gay isnt a way of life, it isnt a race, it isnt even a religious belief, it is simply what people choose sexually, there is no difference between a straight man and a gay man other than which sex they prefer to copulate with.

its that simple and that shouldnt be a defining feature, just like being attracted to older women, or younger men, its an emotion based around sex and theres no need to create a group of people called 'gays' or 'bisexuals' we are all just humans, and these particular set of humans prefer to enter a public house from the rear rather than the front.

The only point being made here is that to eliminate discrimination you need to eliminate borders and groups, (which i feel is the aim of all gay people) be as one, humanity - not black/white, christian/muslim, straight/gay.

The more you say 'Im x and your Y, and Im proud to be X' the more you put up barriers to the Y and the more you alienate the X

RosettaStoned - 24/5/2013 16:44

McGrath4Pope - 24/5/2013 15:36

I think you misinterpreted my 'ramming down throats' comment.

Before I go any further, Im very pro gay, i love the cock.

However being gay isnt a way of life, it isnt a race, it isnt even a religious belief, it is simply what people choose sexually, there is no difference between a straight man and a gay man other than which sex they prefer to copulate with.

its that simple and that shouldnt be a defining feature, just like being attracted to older women, or younger men, its an emotion based around sex and theres no need to create a group of people called 'gays' or 'bisexuals' we are all just humans, and these particular set of humans prefer to enter a public house from the rear rather than the front.

The only point being made here is that to eliminate discrimination you need to eliminate borders and groups, (which i feel is the aim of all gay people) be as one, humanity - not black/white, christian/muslim, straight/gay.

The more you say 'Im x and your Y, and Im proud to be X' the more you put up barriers to the Y and the more you alienate the X

I think we're arguing the same point to each other just coming from different angles. I actually agree that labels are bad (m'kay...) I always say that people who define themselves by what they do are always the worst kind of people i.e. "I'm a cyclist" vs "I cycle", "I'm a vegetarian" vs "I don't eat meat" etc... as these people invariably have a superiority complex over others.

However, I don't know if this is the case with Gay Pride. If the event was advertised as 'gays only' I'd totally agree with you but it's supposed to be a celebration that brings people together. It's not like they're protesting - I'd say, using your example, they're saying "what we are is the same as you, human beings and we do not deserve to be alienated/hidden away from the rest of society."

I should point out that I am not gay so may be totally off in my interpretation he but just feel that so long as it's not illegal or dangerous to others, surely everyone has the right to be publicly proud of the different facets that make up who they are - football fans do it every week!

randy.stand - 25/5/2013 03:00

I'm not going no. Also couldn't give two shites whether it was on or not. Just not for me really.

Just out of curiosity, what's not for you about it?

BodyButter - 24/5/2013 18:05

randy.stand - 25/5/2013 03:00

I'm not going no. Also couldn't give two shites whether it was on or not. Just not for me really.

Just out of curiosity, what's not for you about it?

Dunno, just never fancied it. Think i've already said i don't actually mix that well with other gay people. Big majority of my good friends are all straight.

Careful Randy Stand, we can't have you being rational and honest, you have to show outrage. :)
Will we see you Saturday?

Trekker - 24/5/2013 18:12

Careful Randy Stand, we can't have you being rational and honest, you have to show outrage. :)
Will we see you Saturday?

Yes mate. I'm coming along! Be good to see you all and catch up.

Gay pride is usually on the weekend of my birthday so we used to go have all day Saturday on the piss and it was brilliant. Weather was always nice too...

not been since we've had Avie but we'll Prob go again next year when she's old enough to be left with family now and then.

I find the whole parade thing a bit strange. Maybe I don't understand it because I'm not gay?

I've been to the Notting Hill Carnival a couple of times, I've been to a Paddy's Day parade once and I took part in the march against the invasion of Iraq. If they had an expat parade in Kuala Lumpur, I wouldn't go. If they had a straight guy parade, I wouldn't go. If they had a boring dad parade, I wouldn't go either. It all just seems antagonistic to me, like the parades in Northern Ireland.

I can't see the point in a Gay Pride Parade. They know they are gay. They can do their gay things anytime they want. Getting up in a costume and shaking their asses at people off the back of a trailer just doesn't seem to have any purpose to me but, like I said, maybe I just don't get it because I'm not gay.

there is no parade?

it's a an area closed off with a fair, live music and stalls selling all sorts and food.

it's just a good laugh