BGU step down as home shirt sponsors | Page 2 | Vital Football

BGU step down as home shirt sponsors

Wouldn't it be great to be able to have no sponsor. The shirts look really much nicer. But I don't suppose it will happen, money talks.

Given what happened with Bradley Wood, a betting company would look very ill-advised for City in particular.
I should add that i enjoy a flutter on the horses once in a while (and love going to horse racing - great day out).
I refuse to bet on any Lincoln game probably out of superstition!

I would've thought there is a strong possibility that it will be Vitality.

Good call, would rather have an insurance company than a betting company.

Vitality's CEO Sammy Rubin jumped ship this month to set up Yulife with AIG Life. Very strong South African connections, he could well have others join him.

Last edited:
Isn't an insurance company just a betting company. For a stake you pay them, they bet you won't have an accident if they lose they pay out non fixed odds

Isn't an insurance company just a betting company. For a stake you pay them, they bet you won't have an accident if they lose they pay out non fixed odds
Fair point. I'd forgotten about all those families torn apart and driven to financial ruin from taking out life and critical illness cover they can't afford on a daily basis.

Very much doubt it'll be a betting company as during the cup run we had vanarama on our shirts for the 5th and 6th round ties.
Pretty sure the club said it wouldn't have a betting firm on the front of the shirt.
We have to have sky bet on the sleeves of the shirt I would think with them being the league's sponsor.

Very much doubt it'll be a betting company as during the cup run we had vanarama on our shirts for the 5th and 6th round ties.
Pretty sure the club said it wouldn't have a betting firm on the front of the shirt.
We have to have sky bet on the sleeves of the shirt I would think with them being the league's sponsor.
I think that was The S*n, maybe wrong though.