BFC Planning Application | Vital Football

BFC Planning Application

SeasideEssexXile

Vital Football Legend
No, not for the training ground but for a couple of houses on Back Henry street.

Blackpool FC application to demolish houses near Bloomfield Road

0_Henrystreet.jpg
The buildings on Henry Street earmarked for demolition

Two Blackpool sports clubs are seeking council permission to make changes to the outskirts of their playing areas.
Blackpool Football Club wants approval for the demolition of two properties at 32 to 34 Henry Street, which back onto the Bloomfield Road stadium.

The application says the buildings are “empty and beyond repair” and adds they “attract anti-social behaviour including fly tipping.”
It adds following demolition, the site will be fenced off and secured “until a decision has been made on what to do with the land.”

I'd love to see something done to the east as well as the concourses around the ground.

I have a horrible feeling that the Os bought some property there.

Bob - we are a bit better thank you. Mrs Xile was a worry dhr has picked up a little. We both felt unwell on Tues - the thing that I am suffering from is fatigue. I have slept for 4hrs today and just feel like I have no energy at all.

Keep doing what your body tells you to Sexy. Sleep heals. Thinking of you both. Get fully well before returning to work.

If the Os bought some property there it will be easy to identify them.....looks for dereliction and decay.

Listen to your body Dave if sleep is what you need then sleep, god knows we've got enough time on our hands to do it, all the best my friend.

If BFC bought up the whole of Back Henry Street it could become a very handy new training ground or the foundations of an Eastern super stand!! :clown:

Last edited:
As Seb says - sleep is the great healer. After all you've worked in the public service for decades, you'll be used to doing very little.🤣

Using Observation Skills all day, can be very mentally tiring Bob. :grinning:

Pleased you both seem on the mend Sexy.

Last edited:
Morning and thanks everyone for your kind words and thoughts.
Mrs Xile still not there yet but better than she was.
I waa working stupid hrs and non-stop before this and I have no doubt thst I was a little run down which left me even more vulnerable.
Hopefully over the worst of it and the thought of my last ever Pool game being that 1-2 home defeat to the bin dippers sends shivers down my spine :grinning:

Good news is Dave you've had it, not been hospitalised and coming through it with some immunity which is great for you. We don't know if we will get it (likely) and how we will be affected. Think I'd rather take my chances in Sweden

Cheers Nige.

Regarding the East - the same company did the East as Worcester Warriors East stand.
There's was exactly the same as as ours is now and then they put a cantilever on top and the obstructing posts were removed.
We covered this on here years ago. The foundations are dug far enough down with footings for an extra 5000 to be added on top of the east as it stands right now.

Here's Worcesters effortWW East Stand.jpgWW View.jpgWW View.jpgWW East Stand Completion.jpg