betting without a bookies - n/g | Vital Football

betting without a bookies - n/g

wxgill

Vital 1st Team Regular
My wife and i always have a bet on the grand national but i have just realised the bookies are shut.

Where's the best online place to have a bet? I assume i would have to register etc. Can you fund an account with a credit card or do you transfer cash to your account?

I use bet365, easy to set up and use and they normally offer deals for people signing up for the first time. You enter your card details in your account then deposit an amount when you want to have a flutter. I think they are paying a quarter of the odds if your horse finishes up to fifth place tomorrow. They also do an early pay out on football games as well, if you pick a team and they go 2 nil up it's a winner regardless of the final score.

The world is your oyster! You will get massive offers in free bets from every single one! Check them all out. Odds checker is a good comparison site!

The world is your oyster! You will get massive offers in free bets from every single one! Check them all out. Odds checker is a good comparison site!

As Octopus says there are so many new customer offers so look for the best.

I use skybet, really simple app to use.

Last edited:
Haven't bet on the National since circa 1990 when my horse fell at the first fence and my wife's had to be shot dead as a result of an injury

I don't want to jinx any more of the.poor f###ers.

I'm not sure you will be able to use a credit card wx, but debit cards / PayPal are fine. Skybet and Paddy Power will probably give most each way places

Credit Cards for betting sites were banned I believe at the beginning of last year, but may have been before then?

Just to add, during Cheltenham I found sky bet were good for paying places but not always best odds, paddy power were good on both. Also opened a virgin account for 3 free bets but lost them all and it was a bit of an old school site.

I use Paddy Power when I make the odd bet. Won on the Masters last year and going alright this year.

As the others said you can use the sign up offers. Years ago I made a few grand doing matched betting on all the sign up offers. Bet365 always used to have the best ones.

Also check which ones have specials for paying extra places on each way.

On horses Skybet are tight with odds but pay more places.
Actually won a small bet last week with Sky, one of their specials on Gills v Blackpool, both teams to score and 10 plus booking points for each team. Usually my sports betting is hopeless though so try not to do it too often.

Bet 365 give better odds for horses from what I’ve seen, but payout fewer places.
The pros seem to use BetFair.

Cloth Cap is a stone well in due to National Weights being framed so early so no surprise he is favourite.
but 11-2 is a ridiculous price for any horse in the National.
40 runners over four and a quarter miles and 30 fences. I would would want more than 11-2 about a horse getting round let alone winning.

Cloth Cap is a stone well in due to National Weights being framed so early so no surprise he is favourite.
40 runners over four and a quarter miles and 30 fences. I would would want more than 11-2 about a horse getting round let alone winning.

I agree the national it's a bit of a lottery.

I stick to 3 or 4 team football accumulators, fiver stake and a cash out when it hits £30. Working well this season so far.

Nah, Tiger Roll was 5/1, and Cloth Cap would be 5/2 if it wasn't the National. Loads of horses will finish, a lot of those that don't just won't take to the fences and will be pulled up.

I'm just doing 3 - Cloth Cap and 2 Irish ones, Discorama and Farclas, to win (e/w is for wimps!).

I picked burrows saint about 10 seconds before it started, only each way with sky bet though, I think just 1/5 of odds, they were paying 5 places.