Betfred Cup | Page 2 | Vital Football

Betfred Cup

Fuck yeah! Gamboa again! Terrific run and great delivery to Rogic. Gamboa looks alive. I'm liking it!

A 3-1 victory is about what we deserved. I hoped for something more emphatic, but in a match when we rested Edouard, Tierney, Lustig and brought Forrest and McGregor on late, it was decent.

Emilio looked good and Gamboa may start asking questions about whether he should start. It was only Partick, but he charges into the box and creates chances. Lustig does not and at this point, but he's better off moving to central defense.

Hey Welch sorry I missed the second half. I had to go out. I heard Gamboa was fantastic after we conceded, basically did what we'd been needing all game.....someone to really take the game by the scruff of the neck and decide that he was going to do something about it! I think from now on if we're playing a back 4 then it has to be Gamboa or Ralston starting. Lustig at RB doesn't work anymore. The guys in the studio for BT Sports were talking about it a little bit and saying that he's simply not able to defend in the wide areas anymore and if he can't do that then he needs to become a CB. We've known for some time that this day would come.....
Glad to get the win but I heard Rodgers saying that he wasn't happy with the performance and that we didn't play very well, from what I saw that seems pretty spot on.

We still need a couple of fresh faces in the team and that should hopefully lift everyone. I think LW is a problem position unless Sinclair can find some form so if there's a winger out there we want and can get we should. CB is obviously a need and another CM would be good too. There's plenty of good CMs out there that should be able to buy.

Latest Celtic News