Best goal you've ever seen at St James's Park live | Vital Football

Best goal you've ever seen at St James's Park live

Rytoon

Vital Squad Member
For me was Bergkamp's when he left Nico on his arse,still has my head spinning.
He meant it.

I think the Berkamp goal was in part fluke as Dabizas could have won the ball.

This question, for me, is almost impossible to answer because you have to take many permutations into equation.

For pure skill, id love to know of a better goal than the one Ginola set up for himself for that volley against Ferencvaros in Europe. Yes ive seen hundreds of World class goals at St James' over the years with some meaning more than others but remembering that moment when Ginola did that was one of the only times ive been rendered speechless by what should have been a moment of glory or celebration.

It was a real moment of speechlessness.

Toon_NoMatterWot - 24/9/2017 00:26

Neppos - 24/9/2017 00:14

Beardsley. Brighton.

Seen it live. Was aged 12 in the Gallowgate scoreboard and still dont know how he chipped Corrigan.

Still behind Ginola for me on a personal level.

Fair enough, could have named many.

Gazza v Chelsea, beat two, turned and did it again.

Toon_NoMatterWot - 24/9/2017 00:00

I think the Berkamp goal was in part fluke as Dabizas could have won the ball.

This question, for me, is almost impossible to answer because you have to take many permutations into equation.

For pure skill, id love to know of a better goal than the one Ginola set up for himself for that volley against Ferencvaros in Europe. Yes ive seen hundreds of World class goals at St James' over the years with some meaning more than others but remembering that moment when Ginola did that was one of the only times ive been rendered speechless by what should have been a moment of glory or celebration.

It was a real moment of speechlessness.
Just seen your post,aye you're right & it is subjective.
Ginola 2nd,Tino & the way he hung in the air.Mi top three.
It could change in a few days time

Rytoon - 23/9/2017 23:13

For me was Bergkamp's when he left Nico on his arse,still has my head spinning.
He meant it.

There's no way the snidely Dutch twat meant that, he miscontrolled it in the first place and happened to be up against a shite defender.

Shearers volley against Everton off the top of my head. Also remember being stood in the Leazes Boxing Day to see a David Kelly cracker, I think against Wolves.

I was there for the Ginola goal .. knew from the moment it left his boot it was destined for the net.
Same as Gaza's ..think it was against palace

Another that sticks out is ages ago standing in the leazes end near bonfire night trailing to boro coming back with a real late rally ... fireworks going off into the night sky .. halcyon days

Far too many to single out but either Laurent Robert's goals against spurs but what about that strange overhead scorpion backheel kick he scored at St James's? Can't remember who it was against tho.

Amusing how none of the usual suspects are able to contribute to this thread.

They must have been on a 40 year "boycott".

:59: :19: :59:

The Pyrry - 24/9/2017 11:17

I was there for the Ginola goal .. knew from the moment it left his boot it was destined for the net.
Same as Gaza's ..think it was against palace

Another that sticks out is ages ago standing in the leazes end near bonfire night trailing to boro coming back with a real late rally ... fireworks going off into the night sky .. halcyon days

Was there for that Gazza goal if it was against Palace in the FA Cup. Went right in the top corner from 30 yards and stuck in the stanchion for a couple of seconds before dropping. The only thing that spoiled it was the jump up and slap hand celebration with John Cornwell. A freezing day that was.

CuckFan - 24/9/2017 23:14

with an Alan Pardew goal chalked for offside as well. Magic.

Gazza missed a 1 on 1 in the second half though where he curled wide when it was easier to score, so we were worthy winners. The next round against Swindon when we hammered them had me thinking we could win the cup. How wrong I was..

What year are you two on about?

I don't ever remember playing Palace in the cup, or Pardew scoring.