BERGE | Page 2 | Vital Football

BERGE

I think people do seriously underestimate what it takes for newcomers to match the fitness of the squad. Yesterday I watched Baldock, in injury time, making a 60 yard sprint just to support the play. After a tough game, the fact that he wanted to and still had the energy to sprint forward and sprint back, just to support the play is amazing. It takes many, many hours, weeks, months to get that level.

I think people do seriously underestimate what it takes for newcomers to match the fitness of the squad. Yesterday I watched Baldock, in injury time, making a 60 yard sprint just to support the play. After a tough game, the fact that he wanted to and still had the energy to sprint forward and sprint back, just to support the play is amazing. It takes many, many hours, weeks, months to get that level.
I can alluss tell when you've been stood wi me watchin U/23's Pops cos suddenly tha starts talkin sense.:yes::giggle: UTMPB

We have the perfect opportunity to bed him into our system, no fear of going down.
If we are going to try anything, now we are safe, I would like to see a more attacking formation. Freeman or Didzy just behind a front 2. I worry that we could come unstuck next season if we don’t score more goals. It’s catch 22, defensively we have being amazing but surely this is the time to take the brakes off a bit. I agree that the teams around us look stronger so why not go for it with no relegation fear.

If we are going to try anything, now we are safe, I would like to see a more attacking formation. Freeman or Didzy just behind a front 2. I worry that we could come unstuck next season if we don’t score more goals. It’s catch 22, defensively we have being amazing but surely this is the time to take the brakes off a bit. I agree that the teams around us look stronger so why not go for it with no relegation fear.

Yes, we need a couple of players that are unpredictable and can unlock defenses

Our current system relies on defenders getting forward to make the attacking numbers up and create a bit of unexpected chaos

Players with the ability to get the ball and drive into the penalty area, or thread clever balls through to the forwards will allow our defenders to defend most of the time.

I'd still like to see them joining the attack but they would be able to pick and choose when to do it rather than have to do it, which is the situation we are in now.

Berge on the various youtube clips we've seen looks like he can get forward as well as being a defensive midfielder, and seeing as Norwood doesn't seem to be going anywhere soon I'm wondering if Wilder is considering using Berge as a general midfielder with a licence to get forward and play Norwood behind them

Last edited:
I thought that Billy's stunner on Saturday has a hint of where we could net a few more goals. On the odd occasion, just get the ball in the box a bit earlier, not saying that's all we should do, but just occasionally spring the surprise.

No cos it aint played while a week 2moz,nar i can tell tha were listenin t'Bully after i left ya at Cliffe.:LOL: UTMPB
Just a update on next weeks U/23's game at BDBL it's a 1pm ko Pops accordin to the Development squad's twitter page.We are also at BDBL 1pm ko the monday after v Colchester.I just thought i'd let thi know mi owd pal in case ya hadn't seen KO change,stick wi me & tha'll be r8.:giggle: UTMPB

Just a update on next weeks U/23's game at BDBL it's a 1pm ko Pops accordin to the Development squad's twitter page.We are also at BDBL 1pm ko the monday after v Colchester.I just thought i'd let thi know mi owd pal in case ya hadn't seen KO change,stick wi me & tha'll be r8.:giggle: UTMPB

Just got mi dates mixed up...

He’ll be deaf in one ear more like

:ROFLMAO: But St Christopher still spent £22million on him Twirls,Wilder OUT.:ROFLMAO: UTMPB
yes he as and like me wilder as come to the conclusion getting in europe is more important than carrying a player for the time being, and he will use him more sparingly ,and berge will come good but not yet Hitting:loser: must have bee our chat we had other day . dont hate rod its just some of us are more football minded than others ,hahahahahaahahahahaha

yes he as and like me wilder as come to the conclusion getting in europe is more important than carrying a player for the time being, and he will use him more sparingly ,and berge will come good but not yet Hitting:loser: must have bee our chat we had other day . dont hate rod its just some of us are more football minded than others ,hahahahahaahahahahaha
:LOL: Hate who or wot Twirls?:LOL:Berge or Lundy,Berge or Norwood what's to hate?Brilliant to have very good players to choose from. Villa gerrin spanked 3-0 at Leicester,Vardy came off bench and has scored twice already. UTMPB

Last edited: