Benitez apologists | Page 2 | Vital Football

Benitez apologists

We haven't the players mate, it's simple as that, we're still pretty much a championship squad, you attack with those players you lose constantly, like under Pardew. That said I'd rather we did lose and get relegated, cause every time we don't, Ashley is vilified.
You hit the nail pretty much on the head. Forest outspent us, let alone net spend. Aside from Murphy, our only other three 8 figure signings were injured, highlighting the lack of depth. Tonight's team total value maybe half a goalkeeper or two thirds of an outfield player for top teams. the finger always comes back to the owner.

Last edited:
They were playing last night? Good grief I didn't even know haha.

The customary and predictable early cup exit happened I see, oh well!

Squad is pathetic, it really is!

Comparing him with who we have had previously is no good.
We are out of the Cup and probably bottom of the division after this Saturday.
The results are no different and the performances are as bad as previous seasons.
Agreed Rafa has the CV and is hamstrung by Ashley but his purchases have not been successful even though he has a limited budget.
There have also been some strange choices, Clark at left back a disaster, Darlow not good enough, Rondon needs game time and should have started.
No matter who the Manager is, one shot on target in the whole match is a disgrace and unacceptable. I believe Rafa is a defensive coach and does not have the players to be that. No excuse for the poor attacking play, do they practice shooting on the training ground, in fact what do they do.
Of course there will be the usual claptrap from Manager and players, we have to work harder, it's just the final ball missing etc., in an attempt to Limit the damage.
I can only see us in deep trouble come January and then it may well be too late to recover.

Surely we have reached "peak Rafa" now. The case for the prosecution:

He plays shite boring cowardly football.
He always get his excuses in early and avoids any chance of copping the flak.
He can't get the best out of players other managers seem to do well with - Mbabu and Mitro. Even Murphy (D) to be fair. He looked the best striker on the pitch last night for me.
He buys or loans rubbish players, Atsu, Murphy (J), Mutu, Kennedy (on this seasons showing) etc. etc. etc. Its a long list.
He tries to buy even worse players and has to be restrained. Lets not forget he wanted to spunk a kings ransom on Berahino, Jorgenson, Townsend.
Would he get another top job anywhere else? really?

But hey lets not forget the miracle he pulled off of finishing 10th with a championship squad. We should be forever grateful, or Mike should anyway.

Reactions: Rza
If Ashley read this board he would be able to sack Keith Bishop.He doesn't need to put lies out there when fans anger is on Rafa.Ashley is the problem.He is the one the anger should be on.
If and when he leaves and Rafa was still here and the football was still as bad then I will turn on Rafa as much as anyone.I just can't point the finger at anyone but Ashley at the moment.

My anger is on the fans who worship the idol Ashley gave them.

A manger who has won a few big trophies in the past including some that are equivalent to the charity shield and all of a sudden some boycotters started believing it was okay to fill fat boys pockets again..

When Pardew was here everything was directed at him why should Benitez get a pass ?
Especially when it's so obvious that him walking is the best chance of getting rid of Ashley.

Instead the greasy strangler felt so much pressure and anger that he spent a whopping 12 million on players,only double the managers salary!

That's down to Rafa,who will have banked 18 million of our clubs money by the time he slinks away to impose his boring brand of football (with trophies) on another club.

I hear what your saying but the problem and only problem we should be dealing with is an owner who doesn't give a shit and a 52000 full house that give him license to do as he pleases.The players we have are shite.Down to shopping at the sports direct end of the market.Whose fault the owner.You can't get the players you want for peanuts.Granted some of the signings are shite but can you honestly say Joselu or Muto would have been bought if he had 30-40 m for a striker to spend.
Rafa should have walked I have said before.But one thing at a time.Lets get rid of Ashley before anything else.The club is as good as dead with him here and last night will become more frequent the longer he stays.

We are not going to get rid of him mate,not without the help of Benitez and he's clearly in camp Ashley.

The 50,000 won't unite under their own steam,they've shown that over the last ten years.

In that time no one has captured the imagination of our support as much as Rafa has,he could be the glue but like I've already stated he's with the greasy one.

Almost the entire city is behind Benitez he has the control but instead chooses to bleat.

If I was Rafa and I thought if I go things might change.I would look up from the dugout and think why should I if these can't be arsed.
The end of this season the actions of many will speak a thousand words.

I think Rafa is clearly a good tactical brain, but I have serious doubts about his ability to spot a player. If he had been given a kings ransom to spend we might have had a rare old load of shite in the squad. Same as now really but dearer.

Reactions: Rza
If I was Rafa and I thought if I go things might change.I would look up from the dugout and think why should I if these can't be arsed.
The end of this season the actions of many will speak a thousand words.
Fair point marky but what Rafa is saying instead is stick together and support the team.
Sounds all too familiar,especially when he's taking dirty money.