Ben Tomlinson | Vital Football

Ben Tomlinson

The Imposter

Vital 1st Team Regular
What has happened to him this season? He has failed to score in 18 games this season for Barnet, Grimsby and Tranmere. It seems, the grass is not always greener...

The Imposter - 22/12/2015 14:46

What has happened to him this season? He has failed to score in 18 games this season for Barnet, Grimsby and Tranmere. It seems, the grass is not always greener...

Sam-Yorke too. I thought they looked good together here,i don't think wither have scored since they left!

lindumimp - 22/12/2015 16:18

Would quite like to see Ashley Grimes back here as a swap for Hearn!

So would I. My only reservation would be that the lad has only scored two goals in his last 68 games, so either something has gone terribly awry with him or he's not seen as a striker any more and more of a contributor than a scorer. But the way he has fallen through the leagues suggests he is not the player he once was.

Tomlinson last season might of suited this side. Really not sure how much cash we have to play with but wouldn't mind plucking an in form striker from this league or north/south.

He's obviously getting frustrated. Apparently swore at a home fan after last home game and issued a public apology. Looks like he went on as a sub after 66mins in last game, so not even first choice there now. We want to be recruiting confident, in-form players, not those out of form

stokeimp - 22/12/2015 20:58

He's obviously getting frustrated. Apparently swore at a home fan after last home game and issued a public apology. Looks like he went on as a sub after 66mins in last game, so not even first choice there now. We want to be recruiting confident, in-form players, not those out of form

Could be perfect playing next to the big man instead of being stuck out on the wing. Would take a big climb down by manager and player.

lindumimp - 22/12/2015 16:18

Would quite like to see Ashley Grimes back here as a swap for Hearn!

From what I gather he has an attitude problem. He also lives in the North West and his lack of goals in recent years would be of concern.

DEEPING IMP - 22/12/2015 21:38

stokeimp - 22/12/2015 20:58

Could be perfect playing next to the big man instead of being stuck out on the wing. Would take a big climb down by manager and player.
Did he not score most of his goals for us playing off a big man coming in from the wing?